Determination of the equation of isentropic processes

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
young_qubit
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have been given a fundamental equation of a system as
[tex] u = \frac{s^4}{v^2}[/tex]
After writing down the 3 equations of state, namely:
[tex] T = 4\frac{S^3}{VN}[/tex]
[tex] P = \frac{1}{2}\frac{S^4}{V^{3}N}[/tex]
[tex] \mu = -\frac{S^4}{VN^{2}}[/tex]

I need to determine the equation of isentropic (dS = 0) processes on the P-V diagram. I understand that the relationship should only contain P, v (plus whatever constants), but I'm not sure what to do now. I was thinking that I should put these values into
[tex] dQ = dU + PdV[/tex]
where I know [itex]dQ = TdS = 0[/itex] by above definition, and assuming mols constant. Which would give me
[tex] dU = -PdV \,\rightarrow\,\frac{1}{2}\frac{S^4}{V^{3}N}[/tex]

but I'm not confident that's right. Looking for some suggestions, thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org