Determine the magnitude of its maximumradial acceleration

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
gap0063
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
1. Before throwing a 0.821 kg discus, an ath-lete rotates it along a circular path of radius1.19 m. The maximum speed of the discus is18.7 m/s.Determine the magnitude of its maximumradial acceleration.Answer in units of m/s2



Homework Equations


atotal = sq rt (a2 radial + a2 tangential) where aradial = −v2/r and atangential = d|v|/dt


The Attempt at a Solution


I tried using the equation above but I don't think I have enough info or I don't know where the info goes
 
Physics news on Phys.org
gap0063 said:

Homework Equations


atotal = sq rt (a2 radial + a2 tangential) where aradial = −v2/r and atangential = d|v|/dt

So you have aradial=v2/r

v= velocity and r= radius, both of which you are given.