Developing and plotting data in Excel.

In summary, the conversation is about creating a simple series from a set of numbers representing voltages in a dielectric. The desired output is a plot with voltages on the y-axis and corresponding X values on the x-axis. The user is seeking help on how to create the necessary columns for the plot, and suggests using a formula to generate the values. They also mention using the "black square" for auto fill and selecting the scatter plot chart type.
brad sue
Hi ,
I want to create a simple series which give me the following:

from the cells.
Please can some help me with it?

what I really doing is:

I have a set of numbers which represent voltages (of a nodes) inside a dielectric.
say:

I want to plot them as the voltage for y-axis , and X for x axis.
So I need to make them correspond like this:

VOLT X
0.854 6
0.756 5
0.659 4
0.589 3
0.458 2
0.365 1
0.000 0

I need to create this colum ( on the side ) to be able to plot the different voltages.
The voltages are computed at the nodes that have distant each other by delta=1/N where N is the number of rows(here 7).
I don't know if this information is relevant to solve this isue.

Thank you
B

Last edited:
Technology news on Phys.org
Try:
row 1 = 0
row 2 = row 1+1
row 3 = row 2+1
etc etc by drag duplicate formula

It is not clear what you question is?

you can start a pattern then grab the black square which will appear in the lower right hand corner to do a auto fill. Once you have the columns you need, select them and pick SCATTER PLOT from the chart type menu.

1. What is Excel and how is it used for data analysis?

Excel is a spreadsheet software developed by Microsoft that is commonly used for organizing, manipulating, and analyzing data. It allows users to enter data into cells, perform calculations, create charts and graphs, and perform various other functions to analyze and present data in a visual format.

2. How do I input and format data in Excel?

To input data in Excel, simply click on a cell and start typing. You can also copy and paste data from other sources. To format data, select the cell or cells you want to format and use the formatting options in the "Home" tab. You can change the font, size, color, and other properties of the data.

3. How do I create charts and graphs in Excel?

To create a chart or graph in Excel, select the data you want to use and click on the "Insert" tab. Choose the type of chart or graph you want to create and customize it using the options in the "Design" and "Format" tabs. You can also use the "Recommended Charts" feature to quickly create a chart based on your data.

4. How can I filter and sort data in Excel?

To filter data in Excel, select the data and click on the "Data" tab. Use the "Filter" option to filter the data based on specific criteria. To sort data, select the data and click on the "Data" tab. Choose the "Sort" option and select the column and order you want to sort by.

5. Can I create pivot tables in Excel?

Yes, Excel has a powerful feature called pivot tables which allows you to summarize and analyze large amounts of data. To create a pivot table, select the data and click on the "Insert" tab. Choose "PivotTable" and follow the instructions to create and customize your pivot table. You can also use the "Recommended PivotTables" feature to quickly create a pivot table based on your data.