1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Development of a thermodynamic property database hydrocarbons

1. Oct 11, 2011 #1
    Hiya guys,

I've just started a project, of which the aim is to develop a thermodynamic property database for hydrcarbon fuels.

I've been asked to start by reading up on the maxwell relationships and clapeyron equation etc. so hopefully this will give you an idea of what I am trying to develop.

I don't have a specific question because I am at a bit of a loss on this one at the moment.

Does anyone have any salient advice for what the database should be able to predict, specific heats, phase etc..

Also I have been asked to find some properties/data on isooctane, does anybody know of a good source where I can find some info on this?

Any advice would be a huge help, thanks in advance.

Regards
    John

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2011 #2

Andy Resnick

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook