Device to measure Planck's constant

In summary, the conversation is discussing the possibility of measuring Planck's constant directly with a commercial device. One person is interested in finding a device that can measure it by just pressing a button, while another person suggests using the photoelectric experiment. However, they do not believe it is possible to measure Planck's constant directly and are looking for a device that can do the calculations accurately and is not too expensive.
Niceperson27
Hi people,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any commercial device to measure directly Planck's constant. I mean no use of indirect measurements, just to press a button and for the number to appear in a screen.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I do not mean that obviously. I have a reason to measure the Planck's constant, but I indent to do the minimum number of indirect measurements most devices need.

I know of no way that Planck constant can be measured directly.In fact I think that is not possible.
But about measuring Planck constant by just pushing a button,maybe someone makes a device which does the photoelectric experiment and does the calculations itself!

Thanks anyway. Can somebody indicate me a good device to measure it by doing the photoelectric experiment, being quite precise, but not that much expensive? I know I may be asking too much

Try That Paper.

Thanks dauto. I already knew about this paper.

1. What is a device used to measure Planck's constant?

A device used to measure Planck's constant is called a Planck's constant measurement apparatus. It is a specialized instrument that is designed to accurately determine the value of Planck's constant.

2. How does a device to measure Planck's constant work?

A device to measure Planck's constant works by using a method called the quantum Hall effect. This method involves applying a magnetic field to a two-dimensional electron gas and measuring the resulting voltage. The ratio of the voltage and the magnetic field can then be used to calculate Planck's constant.

3. What are the components of a device to measure Planck's constant?

The main components of a device to measure Planck's constant include a powerful magnet, a sample of a two-dimensional electron gas, and sophisticated electronics for measuring the voltage. It also includes specialized software for data analysis and accurate calculations.

4. How accurate is a device to measure Planck's constant?

A device to measure Planck's constant is capable of providing very accurate results, with an uncertainty of only a few parts per billion. This level of accuracy is crucial for the precise determination of Planck's constant, which is a fundamental constant in physics.

5. Why is it important to have a device to measure Planck's constant?

A device to measure Planck's constant is important because it allows scientists to accurately determine the value of this fundamental constant, which is crucial for many areas of modern physics. It also helps in verifying the validity of the theory of quantum mechanics and in developing new technologies that rely on this constant.