Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Device to measure Planck's constant

1. Dec 8, 2013 #1
    Hi people,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any commercial device to measure directly Planck's constant. I mean no use of indirect measurements, just to press a button and for the number to appear in a screen.

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 8, 2013 #2

ShayanJ

Gold Member

Internet!!!

4. Dec 8, 2013 #3
    I do not mean that obviously. I have a reason to measure the Planck's constant, but I indent to do the minimum number of indirect measurements most devices need.

5. Dec 8, 2013 #4

ShayanJ

Gold Member

I know of no way that Planck constant can be measured directly.In fact I think that is not possible.
    But about measuring Planck constant by just pushing a button,maybe someone makes a device which does the photoelectric experiment and does the calculations itself!!!!!!

6. Dec 8, 2013 #5
    Thanks anyway. Can somebody indicate me a good device to measure it by doing the photoelectric experiment, being quite precise, but not that much expensive? I know I may be asking too much

7. Dec 8, 2013 #6
    Try That Paper.

8. Dec 8, 2013 #7
    Thanks dauto. I already knew about this paper.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook