Difference Between Aqueous Solution An Dliquid State?

In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between aqueous and hydrated substances. Aqueous solutions are strictly ions dissolved in water, while hydrated substances have water molecules attached to them. The Cu+2 ion causes the blue coloring in hydrated substances, such as CuSO4, which is commonly notated as compound . x H2O. The conversation also clarifies that "Dliquid" was a mistyped version of "liquid."
Dr.Brain
I heard its somethin to do with H-Bonding...help...

Chemistry news on Phys.org
I don't know what Dliquid means, but could it be that it is the crystaline state of a compound with water included in its structure?

It is commonly notated as compound . x H2O

Monique said:
I don't know what Dliquid means, but could it be that it is the crystaline state of a compound with water included in its structure?

It is commonly notated as compound . x H2O

so a hydrate you think?

someone correct me if I am damn wrong:

aqueous simplified means its a fluid (liquid or gas) in water. the water doesn't really have anything to do with the substance and doesn't react.

hydrated means that there's water molecules attached to the substance, but it doesn't affect the state of it, as in it can be solid and hydrated (CuS does that right? turns blue? man its been a while...)

kronchev said:
(CuS does that right? turns blue? man its been a while...)
Almost.. CuSO4 :)

Monique said:
Almost.. CuSO4 :)

well I was close :p

You can make an aqueous solution with something besides water can't you?

aqua = water

A liquid is any substance in a state of certain fluidity; namely, it has a fixed volume, but not a fixed shape. An aqueous solution is strictly ions dissolved in water. Better yet, it is an ionically bonded substance whose ionic bonds have been broken by the highly dipolar water molecule.

It's actually the Cu+2 ion that causes the blue coloring, but we all knew that.

its not Dliquid...that was mistyped...it is liquid ...

thunderfvck said:
It's actually the Cu+2 ion that causes the blue coloring, but we all knew that.

so I was TECHNICALLY right?? ;)

1. What is the main difference between an aqueous solution and a liquid state?

An aqueous solution is a type of liquid state where a substance is dissolved in water, while a liquid state refers to any state of matter that has a definite volume but no definite shape.

2. Can an aqueous solution exist without water?

No, an aqueous solution is specifically defined as a solution where the solvent is water. If the solvent is not water, then it is not considered an aqueous solution.

3. How is the formation of an aqueous solution different from the formation of a liquid state?

The formation of an aqueous solution involves the dissolving of a substance into water, while the formation of a liquid state can occur through various processes such as melting, evaporation, or condensation.

4. How do the properties of an aqueous solution compare to those of a liquid state?

The properties of an aqueous solution may differ from those of a liquid state, as the dissolved substance can affect factors such as boiling point, freezing point, and conductivity of the solution.

5. Is an aqueous solution always clear and transparent?

No, an aqueous solution can have varying levels of clarity depending on the concentration of the dissolved substance. Some solutions may appear cloudy or colored due to the presence of suspended particles or dissolved solutes.