• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Differential Geometry: Book on its applications?

• Geometry
  • Thread starter s00mb
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi, I'm already familiar with differential forms and differential geometry ( I used multiple books on differential geometry and I love the dover book that is written by Guggenheimer. Also used one by an Ian Thorpe), and was wondering if anyone knew a good book on it's applications. Preferably not just in the realm of relativity. I used to study alot of pure mathematics topics and now I'm leaning towards applications and I've noticed that there is very little on the subject that I can find, which I think is a shame because it is my favorite subject (Fractional calculus is cool too, I even found some papers on fractional differential forms and geometry). Any suggestions? I'm flexible on this; it doesn't have to be a dedicated differential geometry book but I'd say if it has a few good chapters on applications that would be neat. I'm not too familiar on the subject of aerodynamics, does anyone know if that subject uses it? Thanks for your help! -James

Answers and Replies

Demystifier
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Looks very promising, thank you!

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member

Thanks for the additional references. I've started the homological algebra and have previously read some of Kranes paper I like them alot. I haven't seen that before. I had a different book on discrete differential geometry but it was very jumbled with different topics kind of piled one on top of each other with no seeming attention to its order. I find the discrete stuff very interesting. I wonder if there is a discrete analog of hyperbolic geometry or if you can construct such a thing using Krane's stuff? I'll definitely read that thank you.