Dilbert Does Physics: Check it Out on Dilbert.com

• Thread starter Redbelly98
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation discusses a thread on a forum about the comic Dilbert for June 30, 2008. One person admits they didn't understand it, while another mentions that Dilbert has no love life. Another person finds the reference to anti-matter and Dirac more amusing than the punchline. Someone suggests moving the conversation to a comic section, but it is pointed out that the forum only has a section for PhD comics. There is a discussion about whether it would be appropriate to mix other comics in that thread.
Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Check it out:

http://www.dilbert.com/

Thread title refers to the comic for June 30, 2008.

Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't get it.

There wasn't anything to get. It's Dilbert.

Moridin said:
I didn't get it.

Guess it helps to be a regular reader. Dilbert has no love life. But in the anti-universe, apparently he is considered handsome.

Anyway I was more amused by the reference to anti-matter and Dirac than I was by the actual punchline, which I'll admit was rather weak.

Should get a mod to move this to the comic section.

binzing said:
Should get a mod to move this to the comic section.

...There's no comic section... is there?

There's the PhD comic section, but that's just for PhD comics...

That's what I meant. Seems like they should be able to put it in there, shouldn't be a big deal.

It could be a big deal. Greg worked out some kind of agreement with PHD comics, they might be sending some support $'s to this forum. If that's the case, it may not be kosher to mix other comics in with that thread.

Oooh! I get it! I get jokes.

1. What is "Dilbert Does Physics"?

"Dilbert Does Physics" is a series of comic strips on Dilbert.com that combines the humorous and relatable character of Dilbert with concepts and theories from the field of physics.

2. How can I access "Dilbert Does Physics"?

You can access "Dilbert Does Physics" by visiting Dilbert.com and navigating to the "Comics" tab. From there, you can search for "Dilbert Does Physics" or browse through the archives to find the strips.

3. Is "Dilbert Does Physics" accurate?

While the comic strips are meant to be entertaining and not scientifically rigorous, they do incorporate real concepts and theories from physics and are generally accurate. However, it is important to remember that they are not meant to be used as a primary source of information for studying physics.

4. Can I use "Dilbert Does Physics" as a teaching tool?

Yes, "Dilbert Does Physics" can be used as a supplementary teaching tool to make physics more engaging and relatable for students. However, it should not be relied upon as the primary source of information for teaching physics.

5. Are there any other educational resources related to "Dilbert Does Physics"?

Yes, Dilbert.com also offers a "Dilbert University" section where you can find additional educational content related to science and technology, including physics. There are also various online forums and discussions about "Dilbert Does Physics" where you can connect with other readers and share insights and ideas.