Dimension of Angle: Learn LL^-1 from Course Book

In summary, angles measured in radians are the ratio of arclength divided by radius, regardless of the units used to measure them. This concept is taught in high school geometry, with an important note that the dimensions of an angle are always none. There may be slight differences in conversion factors depending on location.
HussanAli
In my course I am curios to know how the dimension of angle becomes [LL^-1]. The following pic is taken by course book.

http://i42.tinypic.com/iy2y3r.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
When angles are measured in radians, they are simply the ratio of arclength divided by radius ... as taught in high school geometry, at least in the USA.

An important note to make is that regardless of the units you're using to measure an angle, its dimensions are still the same, none. :) The only difference is a conversion factor.

Redbelly98 said:
When angles are measured in radians, they are simply the ratio of arclength divided by radius ... as taught in high school geometry, at least in the USA.
Thanks that helps :!) . What a damn books in Pakistan they taught.

What is the definition of angle dimension?

The dimension of an angle is a measure of how large or small the angle is. It is typically measured in degrees, with a full circle being 360 degrees.

How do you calculate the dimension of an angle?

To calculate the dimension of an angle, you can use a protractor or other measuring tool to measure the number of degrees between the two sides of the angle. Alternatively, you can use the trigonometric functions of sine, cosine, and tangent to calculate the dimension of an angle.

What is the difference between acute, right, and obtuse angles?

An acute angle is less than 90 degrees, a right angle is exactly 90 degrees, and an obtuse angle is greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees. These types of angles can be identified by their degree measure and the relationship between their sides.

Why is understanding angle dimension important in mathematics?

Angle dimension is an important concept in mathematics because it is used to measure and describe the size and position of shapes and geometric figures. It is also used in various mathematical equations and formulas, such as those involving trigonometric functions and geometry.

How can I apply my understanding of angle dimension in real life?

Angle dimension is used in many real-life situations, such as construction, navigation, and engineering. For example, architects and engineers use angles to design buildings and structures, and pilots use angles to navigate airplanes. Understanding angle dimension can also help with everyday tasks like measuring and cutting materials or following directions on a map.