1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing Do I need to take the Physics GRE for a Ph.D program if I have a Master's?

Tags:
  1. Jan 5, 2012 #1
    Hi all,

So, I'm finishing up my master's degree in applied physics (not much different from a master's in physics if you choose your courses correctly) and am looking into Ph.D programs. One thing I haven't seen much information about is the requirements if you are coming into the program with a master's, do most schools still require the Physics GRE in this case?

My undergrad is in physics and I've been working for the last few years doing embedded software while going to grad school if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2012 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You'll need to check with the school. Required or not, I would take the test. You've got a masters - won't you do well?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook