Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Document expired - remedies via Firefox?

1. Sep 15, 2012 #1

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

It's irritating to compose a long reply to post and then get a "Document expired" message when you try to preview it. Usually all your message is lost after that. I assume this is a feature of forum that can't be fixed.

is there a clever way to recover the message in Firefox by hunting through cached pages? I don't see any way to use the normal navigation available to do this.
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2012 #2
    When logging in, you should click the "Remember Me" button. That way, you won't get logged out.
  4. Sep 15, 2012 #3

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

Thank you that advice!
  5. Sep 15, 2012 #4

Staff: Mentor

Try to "refresh" the page, I know that usually works in IE, don't know if FF has that capability.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  6. Sep 15, 2012 #5

Science Advisor
    2017 Award

7. Sep 15, 2012 #6
  8. Sep 15, 2012 #7
    I usually just click the "preview" button periodically.
  9. Sep 16, 2012 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It does. If e.g. the preview page doesn't load properly because of a connection issue, all you have to do is to refresh it (and agree to resend the information). There was a time when I somehow managed to try to make a post just when the backup started almost every day, so I've had to do this a lot.

But "remember me" needs to be checked (and cookies allowed, but since they are by default, that's usually not a concern). Without that, you get logged out, and then I think you're screwed.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook