Does energy barely leave the sphere?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of potential energy and its relation to kinetic and rotational energy. The equation ½ I *angular speed(squared) + 1/2mv(squared) = mgh is used to show that there is minimal loss of energy in a rolling ball bearing on a slope. The conversation also includes a link to a forum post about energy conservation in ideal spheres.
alex_boothby
hi,

I've just found ou that ke (translation) + ke (rotational) = Potetntial

i.e • ½ I *angular speed(squared) + 1/2mv(squared) = mgh

is ther anything else i can derive from this. as that is all basically I've written, and that , This proves that hardly any energy is lost, with an average of less than 0.000001738% loss of energy, it shows that the energy does not leave the sphere

Physics news on Phys.org
you have to be more specific... like perhaps tell us the question... because I am not sure from where u got that percentage

its a ball bearing rolling down a slope, and then released at different distances

Why should energy be lost from sphere? The equation shows energy in the sphere is conserved. As stunner was stunned, even I am stunned with the percentage of energy loss you gave. An ideal ball bearing, which is an ideal sphere will never lose an energy.

1. What is the concept of energy leaving a sphere?

The concept of energy leaving a sphere refers to the amount of energy that is emitted or radiated from a spherical object, such as a planet or star, into its surrounding environment. This energy can take the form of heat, light, or other types of electromagnetic radiation.

2. Why does energy barely leave a sphere?

The amount of energy that leaves a sphere depends on various factors, including the temperature and composition of the object. In general, objects with higher temperatures and higher energy densities will emit more energy, while cooler and less dense objects will emit less. However, due to factors such as atmospheric shielding and reflection, some of the energy emitted by a sphere may not actually leave the object and instead remain within its boundaries.

3. How does the shape of a sphere affect the amount of energy that leaves it?

The shape of a sphere does not significantly affect the amount of energy that leaves it. As long as the surface area and energy density remain constant, the amount of energy that is emitted from a sphere will stay the same, regardless of its shape.

4. Does the amount of energy leaving a sphere change over time?

Yes, the amount of energy leaving a sphere can change over time. This can be due to various factors such as changes in temperature or composition of the object, as well as external influences such as the presence of other objects or atmospheric conditions.

5. How does the concept of energy leaving a sphere relate to the laws of thermodynamics?

The concept of energy leaving a sphere is closely related to the laws of thermodynamics, particularly the second law which states that energy always flows from areas of higher energy to areas of lower energy. This means that energy will naturally leave a sphere until it reaches equilibrium with its surrounding environment.