Does gravity affect aging on different planets?

In summary, the conversation discussed the calculation of aging on different planets and the accuracy of the results. The speaker shared their own personal theory but were informed that personal theories are not allowed on the forum. The correct calculation using mainstream equations shows that an observer on Earth will age slower than an observer on Mars or the Moon. The speaker's theory is incorrect.
John SpaceY
TL;DR Summary
Comparative aging between our Earth and Mars and our Moon
Hello,

I thought that it was easy to calculate the difference of aging on different planets, just by knowing the difference of gravity between them.
But it is not so easy...
I will also consider that the difference of gravity will not reduce our age because of other reasons (on muscles, on bones, …).
The calculation that I have done for our Moon and Mars have shown that the differences of the age will be very small, compared to our Earth.
Considering that we will age 100 years on our Earth, I have found that we will age less on our Moon and less on Mars and the differences are the following:

100 years minus 5,847.10-9 seconds on Mars

100 years minus 6,307.10-9 seconds on our Moon

I would like to know if these results are OK for you

Thank you in advance for your comments
Best regards
John

Astronomy news on Phys.org
How are you getting those numbers?

Thank you Ibix for your answer

I have done my own calculation with my own theory
And as this theory has not been seen yet by peers, I have not started by explaining it

If you allow me to discuss about this theory in this forum, I will do

Best regards
John

• Skeptical
  • Haha
Likes davenn, etotheipi and PeroK
John SpaceY said:
Thank you Ibix for your answer

And as this theory has not been seen yet by peers, I have not started by explaining it

Best regards
John
Personal theories are not allowed on PF (please read the rules). Get it published by an accredited journal and we'd be happy to discuss it.

Likes davenn, pbuk and berkeman
John SpaceY said:

As @phinds correctly points out, we do not discuss personal theories here. Why not just do the calculation using the standard equations from Relativity that are published in the mainstream literature? What do you get for the differences using those equations?

So it is the reason why I don't speak in this forum about my theory.

But could you answer to my initial question about the accuracy of the differences between the ages on our Earth, on our moon and on Mars ?

Thanks in advance

John SpaceY said:

As @phinds has already noted, we do not allow discussion of personal theories on PF.

John SpaceY said:
Considering that we will age 100 years on our Earth, I have found that we will age less on our Moon and less on Mars

If this is what your personal theory is telling you, your personal theory is wrong. A simple GR calculation shows that, as compared with an observer at rest at infinity, the rate of aging of an observer on Earth's surface is slower than that of an observer on the surface of Mars [Edit: the Moon], which in turn is slower than that of an observer on the surface of the Moon [Edit: Mars]. So the Earth observer will be the one that ages least.

John SpaceY said:
could you answer to my initial question about the accuracy of the differences between the ages on our Earth, on our moon and on Mars ?

See above.

Last edited:
Likes Ibix and etotheipi
The OP is based on a wrong personal theory. Thread closed.

Likes davenn and etotheipi

1. What is the average age of the moon?

The average age of the moon is estimated to be around 4.5 billion years old. This age is determined by analyzing the rocks and craters on the moon's surface.

2. How does the age of the moon compare to Earth's age?

The moon is significantly younger than Earth, which is estimated to be around 4.54 billion years old. This is because the moon was formed from debris left over after a Mars-sized object collided with Earth during its early formation.

3. How is the age of Mars determined?

The age of Mars is determined by analyzing the rocks and minerals on its surface, as well as meteorites that have landed on Earth from Mars. Scientists also use radiometric dating techniques to determine the age of Martian rocks.

4. What is the estimated age of Mars?

The estimated age of Mars is around 4.6 billion years old, making it approximately the same age as Earth. This age is determined by analyzing the composition of Martian rocks and comparing it to other objects in our solar system.

5. How does the age of Mars affect its potential for life?

The age of Mars is an important factor in determining its potential for life. As a planet ages, its internal heat and volcanic activity decrease, which can impact the planet's ability to support life. Mars' age suggests that it may have had a more hospitable environment in the past, but may not be as conducive to life in its current state.