Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum

1. Apr 21, 2006 #1
    In deep and dark nooks of the PF forum, I just found this subforum hidden behind some others. I'd like to post something but, since it's in the archive, should people post in there or it just simply stores what's old. And if so, where's the present Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2006 #2

Gold Member

I think PFs parted company from Dr kaku some time ago Heartless, so maybe the arxives are all that is left.
  4. Apr 22, 2006 #3
    What ever happened to him? I remember he had a Q&A one time when I first joined PF a while back.
  5. Apr 22, 2006 #4

Gold Member

Was it not that he did not follow ths MS views, a sort of possible lever against PFs, so a parting of the ways was (agreed) i think it was for the
    best, heck i get confused enough all ready.
  6. Apr 22, 2006 #5
    Was Dr. Kaku a member of PF? :surprised
  7. Apr 22, 2006 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Yeah, but we banned him for being a crackpot.

<ZapperZ runs and hides>

8. Apr 22, 2006 #7

What was his nickname?
  9. Apr 22, 2006 #8

In what respect? I was looking at his bio, top student at harvard undergrad 68' phd in radiation physics. Those are pretty respectable credentials. Is he a crackpot because he does string theory?
  10. Apr 22, 2006 #9
    Zz was just being playful. Dr. Kaku is not regarded as a crackpot obviously.

A couple years back we had a deal with him that we'd host and run his forums if he wrote some articles and appeared in some Q/A chats. We did have one chat with him that was pretty neat. However, his duties became too much and he couldn't do any more chats so we parted ways on the deal. We keep the forum around as an archive.

If you notice they still point to PF
  11. Apr 22, 2006 #10
    Too bad that he still not on here.It would be nice to have a famous physicst be able to answear questions about physisct and help.Is it still possible for him somtime to start posting again?
    I found this thread
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  12. Apr 22, 2006 #11
    Did he actually answer any questions in threads?
    Yeah, it would be nice to have him up here. Even if he's unable to chat, he still can write something from time to time.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  13. Apr 22, 2006 #12

Gold Member

Do you guys still have any of the articles he wrote?
  14. Apr 22, 2006 #13

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Dr. Kaku appeared once in a live chat event. Unfortunately, it only lasted 2hrs so if you were not available at that time you missed it. Then as now we were an international forum, so many missed it. There was transcripts, and I recall editing out the unnecessary text to create a more readable dialog. I will search my HD to see if I still have a copy. It was posted so should exist somewhere in the current forum archives.

AFAIK, Dr. Kaku never posted or even browsed the forum.
  15. Apr 22, 2006 #14

Science Advisor

I see that guy all the time in the discovery channel, he's in a ton of documentaries. I didn't know he frequented PF at one time. I guess i have to start taking the PF'ers more seriously, maybe they do know what they're talking about. :smile: Probably not though.
  16. Apr 22, 2006 #15
    I was told by his reps that he did casually check up on things. He however never did register or post to my knowledge. Too busy of a schedule.
  17. Apr 22, 2006 #16
    He wrote some for our sister site physicspost.com
  18. Apr 23, 2006 #17
    Theory of everything is difficult, college or graduate level is not enough to understand it, sadly it gone although I don't want it to stay either, because me neither, unable to grasp even a little bit of what selfAdjoint || DrKaku was talking about.

But true, I agree to any ideas taht DrKaku should also learn about Internet bussiness before having a forum hosted :biggrin:
    I advise book serries by Bred Jones, "Teach yourself xxx in 24 days"
  19. Apr 25, 2006 #18

I have it, I think I got it off of you.
    http://www.mwnx.net/users/mac/Chat with Dr. Kaku/
  20. Apr 25, 2006 #19

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: Either that, or .... dun dun dun dun .... "M k" really stands for ... :eek:
  21. May 7, 2006 #20
    I enjoy his book so far <u>Hyperspace</u> Why do people disregard him and hate him?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?