Have you tried the E8 t-shirt by Garrett Lisi?

In summary, the conversation is about a T-shirt that was made by physicist Garrett Lisi and is available for purchase. The participants in the conversation also discuss various physics concepts and make jokes about the T-shirt. Some participants express their excitement and others apologize for any unintentional disrespect towards Garrett Lisi.
CFDFEAGURU
A friend of mine bought me the E8 t-shirt that Garrett Lisi has listed on his site. When I wear it, I feel that I can solve anything. lol

Anybody else got one?

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
... he made a T-shirt? :uhh:

Pengwuino said:
He made everything, in theory.

Jimmy Snyder said:
He made everything, in theory.

Muahahha.

garrett said:
Heh.

I was staying away from this, however, with garrett's offical "Heh" I guess it is OK to come out of the closet, my bosons, fermions and symmetries are still intact, regardless of the number of wash/dry cycles and general abuse I put mine through (:uhh:).

Rhody... o:)

Saweet, even Garret chimed in.

Matt

CFDFEAGURU said:
Saweet, even Garret chimed in.

Matt

Yeah, but you didn't have to mispell his name, unless it was meant as a joke, hehe...

Rhody... :rolleyes:

Yeah, but you didn't have to mispell his name, unless it was meant as a joke, hehe...

Tis only a flesh wound. lol

Sorry, Garrett. I mean no disrespect.

Thanks
Matt

Pengwuino said:

I just found in one of his posts of november 2010:
Also, I'm very happy to announce that the new E8 Theory Tshirts are now available, from a physics undergrad friend.
So he didn't personally made them.

Well, golly, put me in my place why don't you.

Thanks
Matt

1. What is E8 Garrett Lisi - T Shirt?

E8 Garrett Lisi - T Shirt is a t-shirt designed by physicist Garrett Lisi that features a graphic of the E8 Lie group, a complex mathematical structure that has been proposed as a potential unifying theory for all the fundamental forces in nature.

2. What is the significance of the E8 Lie group?

The E8 Lie group is a complex mathematical structure that has been proposed as a potential unifying theory for all the fundamental forces in nature. It is a highly symmetric structure with 248 dimensions, making it a subject of fascination for mathematicians and physicists alike.

3. Who is Garrett Lisi?

Garrett Lisi is a theoretical physicist and surfer who gained recognition for his 2007 paper "An Exceptionally Simple Theory of Everything" which proposed the E8 Lie group as a potential theory of everything. He is also known for his unconventional career path and his love for surfing.

4. What does the graphic on the E8 Garrett Lisi - T Shirt represent?

The graphic on the E8 Garrett Lisi - T Shirt represents a visual representation of the E8 Lie group. It is a complex geometric pattern with 248 points, each representing a different particle or force in nature.

5. Can the E8 Garrett Lisi - T Shirt help me understand the E8 Lie group?

The E8 Garrett Lisi - T Shirt is a fun and creative way to introduce the E8 Lie group to those interested in physics and mathematics. While wearing the shirt may not directly help you understand the complex mathematical concepts behind the E8 Lie group, it can serve as a conversation starter and spark curiosity about the topic.