Edit Wikipedia: Who Writes & What Have They Contributed?

In summary: I have not written any whole sections or articles or anything. Nor have I added or updated any references. It also doesn't let me add pictures, because I'm an edit or two shy from being established enough.In summary, CRGreathouse has edited Wikipedia articles on suerpheroes and neurodynamics, but is not currently an active contributor.
Curl
Who here writes on wikipedia?

What have you written or significantly contributed to?

Physics news on Phys.org
Curl said:

I've made a couple of changes.

My most significant was to the article on suerpheroes - with the addition of a missing archetype: the slasher (of which Wolverine is the most well-known member.)

Curl said:

I know nothing. Ergo, I'm not qualified to contribute anything, and hence, don't.

CRGreathouse is a contributor to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:CRGreathouse" .

But he no longer graces our presence.

sigh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have changed a few things but it is not easy to edit (I found).
There must be an easier way.

AtomicJoe said:
I have changed a few things but it is not easy to edit (I found).
There must be an easier way.

Not easy to edit?

You click the edit button.
Then edit.

What did I miss?

Never contributed anything, myself, but about a year ago, someone added a short synopsis of my family's history to Wikipedia. Don't have a clue as to who did it. :confused: The good news, is that it is mostly correct. There is one small error that I thought about correcting, but decided to just let it go.

Strange...

I did some editing to chemistry pages in the past, quite often - if I see some typo or an obvious mistake - I will correct it just so that page looks neat. But I am rarely logging for that, so I am mostly anonymous.

Morris Lecar model

Will probably add more to it once I don't have to worry about IPR

Want to write one on neurodynamics but am too busy with classes and research.

DaveC426913 said:
I've made a couple of changes.

My most significant was to the article on suerpheroes - with the addition of a missing archetype: the slasher (of which Wolverine is the most well-known member.)

I agree, this is important.

I've made a few small entries to already existing articles, nothing to large in text length.

I've corrected a few typos, fixed one case of vandalism, found a bit of incorrect information about my high school, and tried to rephrase something more neutrally on a current event page.

I've not written any whole sections or articles or anything. Nor have I added or updated any references. It also doesn't let me add pictures, because I'm an edit or two shy from being established enough.

I never started, for fear of being unable to stop.

Where I like to look up references, I frequently find the sources are invalid or no longer available, then I delete the citation. That's about it.

Insanity said:
I've made a few small entries to already existing articles, nothing to large in text length.

Wouldn't have anything to do with beer would it? :biggrin:

I used to be an active contributor several years ago, when Wikipedia was only a few years old. Now I just fix typos and vandalism when I see them--no major changes.

What is Wikipedia and who writes for it?

Wikipedia is a free, online encyclopedia that anyone can contribute to. It is written collaboratively by volunteers from all around the world.

How can I contribute to Wikipedia?

Anyone with internet access can contribute to Wikipedia by creating a user account and editing articles. Before making edits, it is recommended to familiarize yourself with Wikipedia's policies and guidelines.

Who are the main contributors to Wikipedia?

The main contributors to Wikipedia are volunteers from a diverse range of backgrounds, including students, professionals, and experts in various fields. There are also dedicated groups of editors, known as Wikipedians, who help maintain the quality and accuracy of articles.

What have contributors contributed to Wikipedia?

Contributors to Wikipedia have contributed a vast amount of knowledge and information on a variety of topics. They have created and edited articles, added references, corrected errors, and translated articles into multiple languages. Some contributors have also developed tools and programs to improve the editing process and maintain the integrity of Wikipedia.

How does Wikipedia ensure the accuracy of its articles?

Wikipedia has a rigorous review process to ensure the accuracy of its articles. This includes a system of checks and balances, where edits are monitored and reviewed by other editors. Additionally, Wikipedia has policies in place to prevent vandalism and misinformation. However, it is important to note that as a collaborative platform, Wikipedia does not guarantee the accuracy of all its articles and encourages readers to verify information from multiple sources.