What is going on, type post, edit, overwrite my text sometimes

• Thread starter Spinnor
  • Start date
Spinnor
Gold Member
Sometimes when I type and edit a post my editing actually overwrites what I have written and other times text is not overwritten but adds extra text. The first case makes editing harder. Is this something I have control over? I apologize if I have not made myself clear. Does it have something to do with the forums software saving my text?

Thanks.

Answers and Replies

jbriggs444
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Sometimes when I type and edit a post my editing actually overwrites what I have written and other times text is not overwritten but adds extra text. The first case makes editing harder. Is this something I have control over? I apologize if I have not made myself clear. Does it have something to do with the forums software saving my text?
The Insert button on a computer keyboard has this effect. For me editing in these forums, the cursor normally appears as a thin vertical line to the left of where the next character will appear. If I press Insert and move the cursor into previously input text, it turns into a reverse-video block marking the character that will be replaced.

Press Insert a second time to toggle back to insert mode and the vertical bar cursor.

Likes berkeman, sysprog and Spinnor
Spinnor
Gold Member
I am have my editing problem right now and will try that, thank you.

That seems to do it.

Last edited:

Suggested for: What is going on, type post, edit, overwrite my text sometimes

Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies