Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Einstein mathematical errors?

1. Jan 9, 2006 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 9, 2006 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

No. It's complete crapola.

4. Jan 9, 2006 #3

krab

Science Advisor

It's crap. written by someone who doesn't understand math, is arrogant enough to think that if he doesn't understand something it is wrong, and is under the misapprehension that SRT is hard to verify. He is entirely ignorant of the hundreds of accelerators built over the last 80 years, which were designed using Einstein's formulas and wouldn't work if designed using this guy's formulas.

5. Jan 9, 2006 #4
    It's strange but it was an advertised link for the term "relative" on answers.com What is he selling?

6. Jan 9, 2006 #5

russ_watters

Just trying to make himself famous.

7. Jan 9, 2006 #6

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

He's trying to sell publicity just like this, and he's succeeding because you took his bait.

Zz.

8. Jan 9, 2006 #7

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

He says on his website that 3 of his Papers were acceted by Gallilean Electrodynamics. I'm only a student and have no idea if that is a credible, peer-reviewed journal or even if its a real journal at all. By what all of you are saying I'm assuming it isn't. Anyone care to comment on it?

9. Jan 9, 2006 #8

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

10. Jan 9, 2006 #9

russ_watters

Hint: with a name like "Galilean Electrodynamics", it should be clear that they are looking for 300 year old solutions to problems that were solved 100 years ago.

11. Jan 9, 2006 #10

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

OK I searched about seven names From the physicists and editors on that site. BOTH editors returned NO results for any works on Google Scholars. One Physicist mentioned there had several publications, and two others that I searched had one each. Doesn't seem very reliable to me, but then again I'm no physicist......at least not yet.

12. Jan 9, 2006 #11

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Good Point

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?