Did Einstein Make Mathematical Errors?

In summary: He does mention on his website that he has 3 papers accepted by Gallilean Electrodynamics, but I'm not sure if that's a credible journal or if it's even real.He also says on his website that he's a student, but doesn't list any degree or any other credentials.He also mentions on his website that he has 3 papers accepted by Gallilean Electrodynamics, but I'm not sure if that's a credible journal or if it's even real.
Buckshot23
What do you guys think of this site?
http://www.relativitychallenge.com/mistakes.htm"

Is there anything to this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
No. It's complete crapola.

It's crap. written by someone who doesn't understand math, is arrogant enough to think that if he doesn't understand something it is wrong, and is under the misapprehension that SRT is hard to verify. He is entirely ignorant of the hundreds of accelerators built over the last 80 years, which were designed using Einstein's formulas and wouldn't work if designed using this guy's formulas.

krab said:
It's crap. written by someone who doesn't understand math, is arrogant enough to think that if he doesn't understand something it is wrong, and is under the misapprehension that SRT is hard to verify. He is entirely ignorant of the hundreds of accelerators built over the last 80 years, which were designed using Einstein's formulas and wouldn't work if designed using this guy's formulas.
It's strange but it was an advertised link for the term "relative" on answers.com What is he selling?

Buckshot23 said:
It's strange but it was an advertised link for the term "relative" on answers.com What is he selling?
Just trying to make himself famous.

Buckshot23 said:

He's trying to sell publicity just like this, and he's succeeding because you took his bait.

Zz.

He says on his website that 3 of his Papers were acceted by Gallilean Electrodynamics. I'm only a student and have no idea if that is a credible, peer-reviewed journal or even if its a real journal at all. By what all of you are saying I'm assuming it isn't. Anyone care to comment on it?

http://www.galileanelectrodynamics.com/
Have a look around and make your own judgment.
It may help to Google and Scholar-Google author names.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hint: with a name like "Galilean Electrodynamics", it should be clear that they are looking for 300 year old solutions to problems that were solved 100 years ago.

OK I searched about seven names From the physicists and editors on that site. BOTH editors returned NO results for any works on Google Scholars. One Physicist mentioned there had several publications, and two others that I searched had one each. Doesn't seem very reliable to me, but then again I'm no physicist...at least not yet.

russ_watters said:
Hint: with a name like "Galilean Electrodynamics", it should be clear that they are looking for 300 year old solutions to problems that were solved 100 years ago.

Good Point

1. What are some of Einstein's most famous mathematical errors?

One of Einstein's most famous mathematical errors was his initial rejection of the cosmological constant, which he later referred to as his "biggest blunder." He also made an error in his theory of general relativity, known as the "hole argument," which has since been corrected.

2. How did Einstein's mathematical errors impact his work and legacy?

Einstein's mathematical errors did not significantly impact his work or legacy. In fact, they often led to further advancements and discoveries in the field of physics. His mistakes also humanized him and showed that even the greatest minds can make errors.

3. Did Einstein's mathematical errors affect his overall credibility as a scientist?

No, Einstein's mathematical errors did not affect his overall credibility as a scientist. While he may have made mistakes in his calculations, his theories and contributions to the field of physics are still highly regarded and widely accepted by the scientific community.

4. How did Einstein handle his mathematical errors?

Einstein was known for being very thorough and meticulous in his work. When he discovered an error, he would often spend a great deal of time trying to correct it. He was also open to feedback and criticism, and would often collaborate with other scientists to refine his theories.

5. Are there any ongoing debates or controversies surrounding Einstein's mathematical errors?

There are ongoing debates and discussions surrounding some of Einstein's mathematical errors, particularly the cosmological constant and the hole argument. However, these debates do not undermine the overall validity and impact of his theories and contributions to the field of physics.