Einstein's Worm Holes: Derivation of Equation

In summary, the conversation is about wormholes and their derivation. The concept of Einstein-Rosen Bridges is mentioned, which are a type of wormhole geometry. However, simple wormholes are unstable and require exotic matter to remain open. The conversation also suggests doing further research on the topic.
anvesh111
Can any 1 tell me what is the derivation for worm holes(equation)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
?

I think you mean Einstein-Rosen Bridges, which are a kind of wormhole geometry. You'll find them discussed here...
"[URL
The Einstein-Rosen Bridge[/URL]

...if you want a more advanced presentation then I'm sure there's plenty of notes to be found on the web now you know what it's called.

John Wheeler demonstrated in the early 1960s that such simple wormholes were unstable to collapse and they shut before anything can pass through them, even light. Stable wormholes require "exotic matter" to keep open.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx u r awesome man ,i waiting for the reply...i need to know more n more

Yep, agree with this advice. This sounds to me like something that should be advertised on the back cover of a comic book. If you're not getting a good feeling about the boss, it's time to leave.

Related to Einstein's Worm Holes: Derivation of Equation

1. What are Einstein's wormholes and how are they related to his famous equation?

Einstein's wormholes are a hypothetical concept in which two distant points in space-time are connected by a tunnel or bridge. They are related to his equation, E=mc^2, because they involve the bending of space-time and the relationship between energy and mass.

2. How did Einstein derive his famous equation?

Einstein derived his equation, E=mc^2, through his theory of special relativity. He showed that mass and energy are interchangeable and that the speed of light is a fundamental constant in the universe.

3. Can wormholes really exist and how would we be able to detect them?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to support the existence of wormholes. Some theories suggest that they could exist, but they would be incredibly small and unstable. Detecting them would require advanced technology and possibly the ability to manipulate space-time.

4. What implications do wormholes have for space travel?

If wormholes do exist and can be harnessed, they could potentially allow for faster-than-light travel and make interstellar travel more feasible. However, the challenges of creating and controlling wormholes make this currently impossible.

5. Are wormholes the only possible solution to Einstein's equations?

No, there are other theoretical solutions to Einstein's equations, such as black holes and white holes. Wormholes are just one possible solution, but their existence is not confirmed by any scientific evidence.