Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electric angular grippers?

  1. Aug 1, 2011 #1
    I know this might be the wrong place to ask this since it isn't directly an engineering problem, but I have no idea where to look or where else to ask.

    I've been trying to find electric angular grippers (opening 180 degrees - 90 degrees each hand). But haven't been able to find any. All I can find are hydraulic or pneumatic angular grippers. Both of this solutions are no good to me, because I need more of them, and those would require plenty of valves which i have no space to put anywhere.
    The only electric grippers I can find are parallel gripping and I have no use of those either.
    So the solution would be an electric angular gripper, which I can't find.
    I have the option to make one myself using an electric actuatora and some gears, but the solution would end up to be a bit big, and I have lack of space, so if there is an alternative, i'd use it.

    Does anyone know if electric grippers can be somwhere found? I have no idea why someone wouldn't fabricate these?
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?