Where Can I Find Electric Angular Grippers with 180 Degree Opening?

In summary, the speaker is looking for electric angular grippers but is unable to find any on the market. They have ruled out hydraulic and pneumatic solutions due to space constraints and are not in need of parallel gripping grippers. They are considering making their own using an electric actuator and gears, but are hoping for an alternative. They ask if anyone knows of electric grippers that can be purchased. In response, the expert suggests two options - the Festo CPVA-ED-MP-A and the Crouzet CDM90 - both of which are available from various distributors.
RookieLearnin
I know this might be the wrong place to ask this since it isn't directly an engineering problem, but I have no idea where to look or where else to ask.

I've been trying to find electric angular grippers (opening 180 degrees - 90 degrees each hand). But haven't been able to find any. All I can find are hydraulic or pneumatic angular grippers. Both of this solutions are no good to me, because I need more of them, and those would require plenty of valves which i have no space to put anywhere.
The only electric grippers I can find are parallel gripping and I have no use of those either.
So the solution would be an electric angular gripper, which I can't find.
I have the option to make one myself using an electric actuatora and some gears, but the solution would end up to be a bit big, and I have lack of space, so if there is an alternative, i'd use it.

Does anyone know if electric grippers can be somwhere found? I have no idea why someone wouldn't fabricate these?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
A:It looks like there are a couple of options out there.1) The Festo CPVA-ED-MP-A is an electrically operated angular gripper that can open 180 degrees. It has a maximum gripping force of 500N (112.5 lbs).Festo CPVA-ED-MP-A2) The Crouzet CDM90 is an electrically operated angular gripper as well, with a max gripping force of 1000N (225 lbs).Crouzet CDM90Both these products seem to be available from various distributors, so you should be able to find them without too much difficulty. Hope this helps!

1. What is an electric angular gripper?

An electric angular gripper is a type of robotic gripper that uses an electric motor to open and close its jaws. It is commonly used in automation and manufacturing processes to pick up and manipulate objects.

2. How does an electric angular gripper work?

An electric angular gripper works by using an electric motor to rotate a set of jaws or fingers. The rotation of the jaws allows them to open and close, gripping onto objects. The motor is controlled by a variety of sensors and actuators to ensure precise and accurate movements.

3. What are the advantages of using an electric angular gripper?

Some advantages of using an electric angular gripper include its precise and repeatable movements, its ability to handle a wide range of objects, and its ease of integration with other robotic systems. It also does not require any additional air or fluid sources, making it a more cost-effective option.

4. Are there any limitations to using an electric angular gripper?

One limitation of using an electric angular gripper is its lower gripping force compared to pneumatic or hydraulic grippers. It also may not be suitable for handling very delicate or fragile objects. Additionally, it may require more maintenance compared to other types of grippers.

5. Can an electric angular gripper be used for different applications?

Yes, an electric angular gripper can be used for various applications, such as pick and place operations, assembly lines, and material handling. It can also be used with different types of robots, including SCARA, Cartesian, and collaborative robots.