Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical Engineering (I am Confused)

1. Feb 10, 2008 #1
    This is my first year at Community College, and I am already confused. I am working toward my two year Associate in Science Degree, and after two years, I will be moving to University to get my Electrical Engineering degree. I have already change my major once. I had class last semester, and it was Electrical related class. We had to work on circuits to learn about how electric works. I loved it. I thought i should get my degree in Electrical Engineering.

I just want to know if i made the right choice to get Electrical Eng degree. I would also want to know about how will be future for Electrical Engineers. I know getting this degree will be hard, but I think it's worth it. Please leave me brief comment. THANKS
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 10, 2008 #2

Homework Helper

my only advice is that make sure that you know what you are in for. you said you like circuits, but sometimes (from experience) some schools when they say Electrical Engineering, they really mean communciation engineering (ie. conventional electronics would not be a big part). Make sure you know the course structure to avoid disappointment.

I, for example, was a bit disappointed by the fact that our uni spend more time teaching us control theory (very mathematical type), networks and infomation theory rather than circuit design, electronics, and power/electricity.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?