Electrical Engineering (I am Confused)

In summary, the individual is a first-year student at a Community College working towards an Associate in Science Degree, with the intention of transferring to a University for an Electrical Engineering degree. They have already changed their major once and enjoyed an Electrical-related class last semester. They are seeking advice on whether pursuing an Electrical Engineering degree is the right choice and what the future looks like for Electrical Engineers. They are also advised to be aware of the course structure and make sure it aligns with their interests to avoid disappointment.
juniorb0y007
This is my first year at Community College, and I am already confused. I am working toward my two year Associate in Science Degree, and after two years, I will be moving to University to get my Electrical Engineering degree. I have already change my major once. I had class last semester, and it was Electrical related class. We had to work on circuits to learn about how electric works. I loved it. I thought i should get my degree in Electrical Engineering.

I just want to know if i made the right choice to get Electrical Eng degree. I would also want to know about how will be future for Electrical Engineers. I know getting this degree will be hard, but I think it's worth it. Please leave me brief comment. THANKS

Engineering news on Phys.org
my only advice is that make sure that you know what you are in for. you said you like circuits, but sometimes (from experience) some schools when they say Electrical Engineering, they really mean communciation engineering (ie. conventional electronics would not be a big part). Make sure you know the course structure to avoid disappointment.

I, for example, was a bit disappointed by the fact that our uni spend more time teaching us control theory (very mathematical type), networks and infomation theory rather than circuit design, electronics, and power/electricity.

1. What is Electrical Engineering?

Electrical Engineering is a field of science that deals with the study, design, and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. It involves the development of electrical systems, components, and devices to solve real-world problems and improve our daily lives.

2. What are the job opportunities for Electrical Engineers?

Electrical Engineers have a wide range of job opportunities in various industries, such as telecommunications, power generation, transportation, and manufacturing. They can work as design engineers, project managers, consultants, researchers, and more.

3. Is Electrical Engineering a difficult major?

Electrical Engineering is a challenging major that requires a strong foundation in math and science. However, with dedication and hard work, it can be a rewarding and exciting field of study.

4. What skills are needed to be a successful Electrical Engineer?

To be a successful Electrical Engineer, one needs to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a good understanding of math and physics. Additionally, communication and teamwork skills are crucial for working on projects with other engineers and professionals.

5. What are some common misconceptions about Electrical Engineering?

Some common misconceptions about Electrical Engineering include thinking that it is only about wiring and circuits, or that it is not a creative field. In reality, Electrical Engineering involves a wide range of topics and requires creativity in solving complex problems and developing innovative solutions.