Electricity and Magnetism Workbook

In summary, the speaker is asking for recommendations for a book of practice problems in Electricity and Magnetism. They mention that they have been unable to find one on their own and are interested in a book similar to one their classmate has from China. They also thank someone for their response and express interest in "Problems in General Physics" by IE Irodov.
erwinxa
Hello everyone.
I am searching for a book full of practice problems in Electricity and Magnetism and was hoping someone could recommend some. I have been searching on my own, but could not find any. I have a classmate who has one from china, where it is pure questions relating to the subject and it comes with solutions on a separate book. These problems are very good, sometimes difficult, and are really good at testing concepts as well, however she always has to translate them, so I would really like something similar for myself. Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

If you want REALLY tough problems, go for "Problems in General Physics" by IE Irodov.

Rakshit Joshi said:
If you want REALLY tough problems, go for "Problems in General Physics" by IE Irodov.
thank you! I will look into it. I appreciate it.

Hello there,

As a scientist specializing in electricity and magnetism, I can recommend a few resources for you to find a workbook full of practice problems. First, I suggest checking with your school or university's library or bookstore for textbooks or workbooks specifically designed for your course. These often include practice problems with solutions.

Additionally, there are many online resources available for practice problems in electricity and magnetism. Websites such as Khan Academy, Physics Classroom, and Physics Forums offer a variety of practice problems with solutions. You can also search for specific topics or concepts in electricity and magnetism to find practice problems from various sources.

If you prefer a physical workbook, you can also check online retailers such as Amazon for textbooks or workbooks specifically focused on electricity and magnetism with practice problems and solutions. I recommend reading reviews and checking the publisher and author to ensure the quality and accuracy of the content.

I hope this helps in your search for a comprehensive workbook for electricity and magnetism. Keep practicing and testing your understanding of the subject, and don't hesitate to reach out for further assistance. Best of luck in your studies!

Related to Electricity and Magnetism Workbook

1. What is the difference between electricity and magnetism?

Electricity and magnetism are two related but distinct phenomena. Electricity is the flow of electric charge, while magnetism is the force exerted by moving electric charges. In simpler terms, electricity is the movement of electrons, while magnetism is the force that causes this movement.

2. How are electricity and magnetism related?

Electricity and magnetism are closely related, as they are both part of the electromagnetic force. When an electric current flows through a wire, it creates a magnetic field. Similarly, when a magnet moves near a wire, it can induce an electric current.

3. What is the role of electrons in electricity and magnetism?

Electrons play a crucial role in both electricity and magnetism. In electricity, electrons carry the electric charge and flow through conductors to create an electric current. In magnetism, the movement of electrons creates a magnetic field.

4. How do electric and magnetic fields interact?

Electric and magnetic fields are interdependent and can interact with each other. When an electric current flows through a wire, it creates a magnetic field. This magnetic field can then interact with other magnetic fields to produce forces, such as in motors and generators.

5. What are some real-world applications of electricity and magnetism?

Electricity and magnetism have numerous practical applications in our daily lives. Some examples include electrical power generation and distribution, motors and generators, electric motors in household appliances, electric lighting, telecommunication devices, MRI machines in medical imaging, and many more.