Electrodynamics, Curl of P and D

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter guiablo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Curl Electrodynamics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
guiablo
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
I know that in statics curl of P=curl of D, since the variation of B in time = 0, and I also know that for linear mediums those curls are 0, but I don't know why, and I don't know if there is any expresion always valid.

I would like to know where this curl comes from like I know where the curl and the divergence of magnetic/inducción/magnetitation field comes so I can picture the electric field in my head easier, as I do with magnetic field, thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I know this is valid always, but i would like to know if we can have the curl of D or P in an expresion that doesn't depend on the other one
 
Attachments
  • IMG-20190530-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190530-WA0007.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 390