Electromagnetic Wave Scattering

In summary, the conversation involved a request for a paper on the topic of "Depolarization and Scattering of Electromagnetic Wave form Moving Surface with Roughness." The suggestion to use the website scholar.google.com was given, as it contains a vast database of scientific and engineering journals. The individual had also tried other sources such as Scitation, IOP, EP, and lanl but was unsuccessful in finding what they were looking for. Another participant suggested using the search term "electromagnetic wave scattering" on the google scholar site, which yielded relevant results. The conversation ended with a helpful reference being provided for the topic in question.
One and Zero
Hi everyone,

Have anyone ever seen a paper on "Depolarization and Scattering of Electromagnetic Wave form Moving Surface with Roughness" or something relevant?

I'll be thanks if give me a reference.

Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
http://scholar.google.com/

I don't know if it will help, but you can try the above web site. It is a new service from google which has most scientific and engineering journals as its data base.

I did.

mathman said:
http://scholar.google.com/

I don't know if it will help, but you can try the above web site. It is a new service from google which has most scientific and engineering journals as its data base.

I've already tried it, also have searched in Scitation, IOP, EP, and lanl but fail to find what I'm looking for.

I took a quick look at the google scholar site using "electromagnetic wave scattering" and got a lot of hits. Try sifting through it - you may find what you want.

I am not sure what you are looking for, but the google scholar engine produced this on the first page:

http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0959-7174/11/2/301

"Bistatic scattering and depolarization by randomly rough surfaces: application to the natural rough surfaces in X-band"

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you guys. My problem involves dynamical boundary and the effect of its dynamics on scattered wave. All of what I've found have paid on static boundary.

What is electromagnetic wave scattering?

Electromagnetic wave scattering is a physical process in which electromagnetic waves interact with particles or objects and change their direction or intensity. This phenomenon is responsible for many natural and man-made phenomena, such as the color of the sky, radar detection, and radio communications.

How does electromagnetic wave scattering occur?

Electromagnetic wave scattering occurs when an electromagnetic wave encounters an obstacle or particle that is smaller than its wavelength. The wave causes the particles to vibrate, creating secondary waves that radiate in all directions. These secondary waves then interfere with each other, resulting in the scattering of the original wave.

What factors affect the scattering of electromagnetic waves?

The scattering of electromagnetic waves is influenced by several factors, including the size and shape of the scattering particles, the frequency and polarization of the incident wave, and the composition and physical properties of the medium in which the scattering occurs.

What are some applications of electromagnetic wave scattering?

Electromagnetic wave scattering has many practical applications, including remote sensing, weather forecasting, astronomy, and medical imaging. It is also used in technologies such as radar, sonar, and lidar for detection and imaging purposes.

What is the difference between Rayleigh scattering and Mie scattering?

Rayleigh scattering occurs when the size of the scattering particles is much smaller than the wavelength of the incident wave. This type of scattering is responsible for the blue color of the sky. Mie scattering, on the other hand, occurs when the size of the particles is comparable to the wavelength of the incident wave. It is responsible for the white color of clouds and the colors of sunrise and sunset.