1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electromagnetism test preparation for grade 12

1. Jan 12, 2012 #1
    i'm currently taking grade 12 physics. my teacher is really nice, but i got say that she sucks at teaching, and the textbook we're using is worse.
    can anyone here help me with understanding the basics theories and equations I need for this test?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 12, 2012 #2
    Whats going to be covered on the test? Is it calculus based or not? And what specifically do you need help with?

4. Jan 12, 2012 #3
    it is not calculus based.
    here's the list of topics the test is going to cover.
    -domain theory of magnetism
    -Magnetic Force on Moving Charges
    -Effects of Magnetic Fields
    -Field Theory
    -Magnetic Force on a Conductor
    -Ampère’s Law
    -Coaxial Cables and Magnetic Fields
    -The Ampere As a Unit of Electric Current
    -Electromagnetic Induction

5. Jan 12, 2012 #4

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

This is way too broad a request to expect a reasonable response.

If you have some specific questions or problems that are giving your trouble, then you'll get some useful help. (We have an excellent Intro Physics homework help section.)

You need to struggle through the book, like it or not. (Or find another comparable one, more to your liking.) Attempt to solve as many problems as you can.

Browse through our Introductory Physics Learning Materials section; you may find some useful tutorials. An excellent site to browse is hyperphysics: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/emcon.html

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  6. Jan 12, 2012 #5
    I will check this website and and the forum you sent me.
    thank you

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook