Electromagnetism test preparation for grade 12

In summary, the student is struggling with understanding the basics theories and equations needed for their grade 12 physics test. They express dissatisfaction with their teacher and textbook. They ask for help understanding the topics that will be covered on the test, which include domain theory of magnetism, magnetic force, field theory, electromagnetic induction, and others. They are directed to seek specific help with their questions and to utilize online resources for additional support.
Hmpca
i'm currently taking grade 12 physics. my teacher is really nice, but i got say that she sucks at teaching, and the textbook we're using is worse.
can anyone here help me with understanding the basics theories and equations I need for this test?

Physics news on Phys.org
Whats going to be covered on the test? Is it calculus based or not? And what specifically do you need help with?

it is not calculus based.
here's the list of topics the test is going to cover.
-domain theory of magnetism
-Magnetic Force on Moving Charges
-Effects of Magnetic Fields
-Field Theory
-Magnetic Force on a Conductor
-Ampère’s Law
-Coaxial Cables and Magnetic Fields
-The Ampere As a Unit of Electric Current
-Electromagnetic Induction

This is way too broad a request to expect a reasonable response.

If you have some specific questions or problems that are giving your trouble, then you'll get some useful help. (We have an excellent Intro Physics homework help section.)

You need to struggle through the book, like it or not. (Or find another comparable one, more to your liking.) Attempt to solve as many problems as you can.

Browse through our Introductory Physics Learning Materials section; you may find some useful tutorials. An excellent site to browse is hyperphysics: http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/emcon.html

Last edited:
I will check this website and and the forum you sent me.
thank you

Related to Electromagnetism test preparation for grade 12

1. What is electromagnetism and why is it important to study in grade 12?

Electromagnetism is the study of the relationship between electricity and magnetism. It is important to study in grade 12 because it is a fundamental concept in physics that helps us understand the behavior of electricity and magnetism in everyday life, as well as in more complex applications like electronics and electromechanical devices.

2. What topics are typically covered in an electromagnetism test for grade 12?

The topics covered in an electromagnetism test for grade 12 typically include electric and magnetic fields, electromagnetic induction, electromagnetic waves, and the relationship between electricity and magnetism.

3. How can I prepare for an electromagnetism test in grade 12?

To prepare for an electromagnetism test in grade 12, it is important to thoroughly understand the concepts and principles related to electricity and magnetism. Reviewing class notes, completing practice problems, and working through sample tests can also help improve your understanding and readiness for the test.

4. Are there any common mistakes students make on electromagnetism tests for grade 12?

One common mistake students make on electromagnetism tests for grade 12 is not fully understanding the relationship between electricity and magnetism. It is important to understand how these two concepts are interconnected in order to solve problems accurately.

5. How can I improve my understanding of electromagnetism for grade 12?

To improve your understanding of electromagnetism for grade 12, it is important to actively engage in class and ask questions when you are unsure about a concept. You can also seek extra help from your teacher or a tutor, and practice solving various types of problems related to electromagnetism.