Electroplating copper on top of anodized aluminum

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Conservation
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I'm looking to electroplate a copper layer on top of anodized aluminum. Type II (sulfuric acid) was used to anodize the aluminum, and everything looks pretty good so far. However, I saw somewhere on the internet that one can electroplate a copper layer on top of anodized aluminum; how would this be achieved as the anodized aluminum layer is electrical insulator? Ideally, I would want the copper layer decently thorough and thick for chemical properties.

Thanks.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
First Law of the Web: They can't put anything on the Internet if it isn't true.
 
SteamKing said:
First Law of the Web: They can't put anything on the Internet if it isn't true.

Hm ... that statement makes itself inherently true :smile: