Energy problem involving a projectile (tricky)

• Thread starter delsaber8
  • Start date
He did it numerically.

Can you set up a spreadsheet?

Well, I unfortunaterly have little experience with spreadsheet.

NascentOxygen
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Ok so I have been given a description of how to calculate this. My teacher claims that he calculated 1 second intervals, to find the way the components of force change during the flight. He also claims to have made an estimation for time it would take in his equation. I'm not really sure how this all ties together because I didn't see it. But by the way it looks I think integration might be necessary to solve. If anybody can make sense of this that would be great.

So if you estimate its time of flight, and are redoing computations at one second intervals, roughly how many times does this say you will have to re-compute here?

Ok, you'll just have to do it by hand and create a table. I don't think 1 second intervals are small enough, though.

Ok, you'll just have to do it by hand and create a table. I don't think 1 second intervals are small enough, though.

Yeah it was actually just a bonus question, so I had no real marks riding on it, but I'll probably go ahead and do that anyway because I've already put a fair amount of time into it. Would be a shame if I just gave up.

Sure would be a shame. Might be a chance to teach yourself how to use spreadsheets as well.

indeed