Engineering Physics advice please

In summary, if you want to do a MEng in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Electrical Engineering after a B.Sc.Eng in Engineering Physics, you can do it. Applied Mathematics and Modeling, Simulation are also options.
cristycs
If I do a B.Sc.Eng in Engineering Physics can I do a MEng in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or maybe Aerospace Engineering ?

I like research allot, I like building stuff electrical, electronic and mechanical.

I like to work on alternative power sources or design key sistems for air/space crafts, cars or bicycle/motorcycle, and or work on a OS in relation to the computer(computer engineering), i have a pretty good idea how to "fuel" a house from heat, food, energy, water(selfsustained well almost the food needs a bit of atention :D)... I am pretty sure it is doable.

Let me know if you think I can do any of the masters degrees if I do a B.Sc.Eng in Engineering Physics. Thx in advance.

PHYSICS IS SO BEAUTIFUL ... look up LENR(Low Energy Nuclear Reactions) Cold Fusion
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quotes I respect and guide my life:

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
Albert Einstein

"Try not to become a man of success but rather become a man of value."
Albert Einstein

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.",
"You see things, and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were, and I say, 'Why not?'",
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
George Bernard Shaw

"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."
Henry Ford

“A stranger is just a friend I haven't met yet.”
Will Rogers

"I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees."
Emiliano Zapata
and many more...

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Nobody has an opinion about this ? :D

How about if I do a B.Sc in Applied Mathematics and then a masters in Modeling, Simulation. I could work in a variety of fields from Economics, physics, biology, engineering... ex:earth weather models, aerodynamics, fluids ...So:
1. Can I do a MEng Mechanical Engineering, MEng Aerospace Engineering, MEng Electrical Engineering after a B.Sc.Eng Engineering Physics?
2. Is better to go the Applied Mathematics and Modeling, Simulation path ?

Edit: Another option at the same university is Joint Honours BSc in Mathematics and Computer Science

Last edited:
1. yes you can
2.depends on what you want.

Take my words with a grain of salt. I'm in 1st year haha.

thx for the replay ;) any advice is appreciated.

"2.depends on what you want."

Well I want a large range of variety of fields that I can work in... From research to modeling to electronics... not necesary to be the main role, but to be a part of it. Ex:Like being there when the wheel, light bulb, radio... was invented, like a student working under Einstein and helping and taking part of it :D what a romantic story :))).

The last 7 years besides working my daily job I research everything about anything(Physics, Biology, Engineering, Information, Education...)
I like Space, Air/space crafts, engines, mechanical things - motion (bycicles), I like the microscopic and the macroscopic, life, nature, efficiency, education, anime, writing and many more... I'm not looking to do a degree that brings me the most money, I want a degree that can help me the most in geting a job in what I like and there are many things I like.

Had ideas how to help car efficiency drawing power from the rotation of the wheels, the wind that is hiting the car, the light, the heat that the engine makes or the heat outside(we waste nothing well almost nothing)... PC to TV(tv station with hardware and software), Phone company thro internet with skype and only pay the internet, an website with every person having a virtual PC where they can put there stuff, buy software and use it on any device that uses internet(ex:Photoshop on Iphone, PS Vita..), making water from air thro condensation(later on I found out it was allready invented :D) etc... (Had the idea how to make them real but I didn't had the resource and the knowledge to do it at a fast and safe pace)

I think as a next little project I will make a device that holds mother Earth, and the globe will be made of lcd or led with weather ... a small simulation :) like the one here at sec 0:02 on youtube /watch?v=iElJt1Y5OIs but a lot smaller, with weather that moves, I don't know if I can syncronize it with satelite data... but hey "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." and "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."

Sry english is not my native tongue, I hope it will improve tho.

Last edited:
I was curious about how things work and building things from scraps I think since I was in kindergarden. In the last year of middle school I went from a D- student in math to A+ student in 6 months and got a B at my math exam to go to high school... So I was allways atracted to discover things, and math is the best language, tho I'm sad because not going to college the last 5 years and loosing some math skills (education is just retarded here, and salaries are just plain rediculous I make 240$/month 180hours/month... but I want to change all that).
Another viable option is a GOOD Mechatronics degree.

Last edited:

What is Engineering Physics?

Engineering Physics is a branch of engineering that combines principles from physics, mathematics, and materials science to solve complex engineering problems.

What are the key skills needed for Engineering Physics?

Some key skills needed for Engineering Physics include a strong background in mathematics and physics, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to apply theoretical concepts to practical real-world situations.

What are the career options for someone with a degree in Engineering Physics?

Graduates with a degree in Engineering Physics have a wide range of career options. They can work in industries such as aerospace, energy, electronics, and materials science, as well as in research and development, consulting, and academia.

What advice do you have for someone studying Engineering Physics?

My advice for someone studying Engineering Physics would be to focus on building a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, as well as gaining hands-on experience through internships or research opportunities. It's also important to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as these will be essential for success in this field.

How can I stay updated with the latest advancements in Engineering Physics?

There are several ways to stay updated with the latest advancements in Engineering Physics. You can attend conferences, workshops, and seminars, read scientific journals and publications, and join professional organizations related to this field. Networking with other professionals in the industry can also help you stay informed about current developments.