How Can Engineering Concepts Solve the Two Pulleys Problem?

• Thread starter Lukas Pohnan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engineering
In summary, Lukas is seeking help with completing a question involving two pulleys, different spring stiffnesses, and varying radii. He has provided a partial solution and believes he has calculated the natural frequency, but is unsure of what to do next. Another user has asked for a typed version of his work and clarified that there is no torsion involved in the question.
Lukas Pohnan

Homework Statement

I am having trouble completing these questions, help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Lukas

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• 030320101536.jpg
    030320101536.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 358
  • 030320101537.jpg
    030320101537.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 359
  • 030320101538.jpg
    030320101538.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 380
Physics news on Phys.org
What have you tried?

Welcome to PF!

Hi Lukas! Welcome to PF! :wink:

Show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help! :smile:

I have attached my partial solution to the two pulleys question. I think I have managed to work out the natural frequency, however I don't know what to do more as there are different spring stiffnesses and the pulleys have different radii.

Attachments

• 060320101540.jpg
    060320101540.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 374
Lukas Pohnan said:
I have attached my partial solution to the two pulleys question. I think I have managed to work out the natural frequency, however I don't know what to do more as there are different spring stiffnesses and the pulleys have different radii.

Hi Lukas! :smile:

Sorry, but this is too difficult to read.

Can you please type out your work in future?

(btw, there's no torsion in the pulley question)

Here is my answer to the 2 pulleys question in word.

Attachments

• Dynamics Assignment Answer for Question 1.doc
    79 KB · Views: 193

What is engineering and what do engineers do?

Engineering is the application of scientific and mathematical principles to design, create, and maintain structures, machines, devices, systems, and processes. Engineers use their knowledge to solve problems and improve the world around us.

What are the different types of engineering?

There are many different types of engineering, including mechanical, electrical, civil, chemical, aerospace, and computer engineering. Each type focuses on a specific area of study and application, but all use the same problem-solving and analytical skills.

What skills are important for a career in engineering?

Some important skills for engineering include strong mathematics and science abilities, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, creativity, attention to detail, and communication skills. It is also important for engineers to be adaptable and able to work well in a team.

What education is required to become an engineer?

Most engineering jobs require at least a bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field. Some positions may require a master's or doctoral degree. In addition, engineers must continue learning and staying updated on new technologies and advancements in their field.

What are some challenges that engineers face?

Some common challenges for engineers include meeting project deadlines, balancing cost and efficiency, dealing with unexpected problems, and working within regulations and safety standards. Engineers must also constantly adapt to new technologies and advancements in their field.