Equation of projectile with drag and lift

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Katie Smith
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I need an equation that solves for the height of a projectile at a specific x position. The known variables are spin of the ball, initial position, initial velocity, initial launch angle and the drag and lift coefficients.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Katie Smith said:
I need an equation that solves for the height of a projectile at a specific x position. The known variables are spin of the ball, initial position, initial velocity, initial launch angle and the drag and lift coefficients.
Welcome to the PF.

How does a projectile have "lift"? Do you mean like a golf ball with backspin?

I googled projectile motion with air resistance, and got lots of good hits...

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...UTF-8#q=projectile+motion+with+air+resistance
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman