Equivalent MOSFET for AUIRLR2908

In summary, the conversation is about finding a replacement MOSFET for the AUIRLR2908. The main concern is finding a drop-in equivalent with similar key parametrics, specifically breakdown voltage, Imax, and Rds-on. The OP suggests using the FDD5690 from Digi-Key, but the other person mentions the need for an AECQ101 part for automotive applications. Overall, the conversation revolves around finding a suitable replacement MOSFET based on key parametrics and the need for automotive qualification.
nlis12
TL;DR Summary
Trying to identify key parametrics when trying to find an equivalent MOSFET
I am currently in need of a MOSFET to replace the AUIRLR2908 I am currently using.
This power MOSFET is used in enhancement mode for switching.
The data sheet is attached for reference.

What are some of the key parametrics I should be concerned with when trying to find a drop in equivalent?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Infineon-AUIRFS3306-DS-v01_02-EN.pdf
    681.9 KB · Views: 278
Engineering news on Phys.org
Why can't you just use this part?
The data sheet you have attached is for a different part. Now I'm confused.

Last edited:
I think https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/on-semiconductor/FDD5690/FDD5690CT-ND/1626197 should work. Breakdown voltage, Imax, and Rds-on are all about the same. If not, Digi-Key has many other to choose from

Likes nlis12
hutchphd said:
Why can't you just use this part?
The data sheet you have attached is for a different part. Now I'm confused.

This one is the actual part in question.

Attachments

• Infineon-AUIRLR2908-DS-v01_02-EN.pdf
    666.9 KB · Views: 281
phyzguy said:
I think https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/on-semiconductor/FDD5690/FDD5690CT-ND/1626197 should work. Breakdown voltage, Imax, and Rds-on are all about the same. If not, Digi-Key has many other to choose from

Thank you!
So Breakdown voltage, IMax and Rds-on are the key parameters I should look for?

nlis12 said:
Thank you!
So Breakdown voltage, IMax and Rds-on are the key parameters I should look for?
Yes, I think those are the most important. If it is just functioning as a switch, those are what matter. If you are doing something more complex, then other parameters may matter.

The OP's original device is an AECQ101 part, kind of need to keep the automotive qualification part if going into an automotive application.

I'm assuming this is for a personal project and not work related?

1. What is an equivalent MOSFET for AUIRLR2908?

An equivalent MOSFET for AUIRLR2908 is a MOSFET (Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor) that has similar electrical characteristics and performance as the AUIRLR2908 MOSFET. This means that it can be used as a replacement for the AUIRLR2908 in a circuit without significantly affecting the overall performance.

2. How do I find an equivalent MOSFET for AUIRLR2908?

You can find an equivalent MOSFET for AUIRLR2908 by comparing its specifications and parameters with other MOSFETs. Some key parameters to look for include the maximum drain-source voltage, maximum drain current, and on-resistance. You can also consult datasheets and online resources for MOSFET cross-reference information.

3. Can any MOSFET be used as an equivalent for AUIRLR2908?

No, not all MOSFETs can be used as an equivalent for AUIRLR2908. It is important to choose a MOSFET with similar specifications and parameters to ensure proper functionality and performance in the circuit. Additionally, the package type and pin configuration should also be considered when selecting an equivalent MOSFET.

4. Why would I need an equivalent MOSFET for AUIRLR2908?

You may need an equivalent MOSFET for AUIRLR2908 if the AUIRLR2908 is not readily available or if you are looking for a more cost-effective option. It can also be useful in situations where the AUIRLR2908 is not suitable for the specific application or if you are trying to optimize the circuit design.

5. Are there any differences between the AUIRLR2908 and its equivalent MOSFET?

While an equivalent MOSFET may have similar specifications and performance as the AUIRLR2908, there may be some minor differences. These differences can include variations in switching speed, gate capacitance, and thermal characteristics. It is important to carefully compare the datasheets of both MOSFETs to ensure compatibility and proper functioning in the circuit.