Examples of multiple entanglements

• B
  • Thread starter mieral
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Multiple
In summary, Gerry is able to observe me "spin up and I" only, even though there are other branches of the entanglement.
mieral
I need actual examples of entanglements where they go on and on...

Let's start with you observing the spin up and spin down of a particle.. so you become entangled with the state of the particle..

so "spin up and you" and "spin down and you" become terms of the entanglement where only the whole system has wave functions..

Now I'd like to understand what experimental setup where you can form another entanglement with the say "spin down and you" and so on.. I'd like to understand how the terms can break away and each MWI branch forms more entanglement.. so your single initial awareness becomes billions of awareness in the never ending entanglements..

Physics news on Phys.org
Let's give more detail...

I observe spin up and spin down

"spin up and I" and "spin down and I" become the two terms of the entanglement
Let's say Gerry observes me..
would it form "spin up and I and Gerry" and "spin down and I and Gerry" in the entanglement or can Gerry only form entanglement with either one of the "spin up and I" and "spin down and I" and not both of them? What experiment situation where Gerry can form entanglement with both or either one of the terms only?

mieral said:
Let's say Gerry observes me..
would it form "spin up and I and Gerry" and "spin down and I and Gerry" in the entanglement

Yes.

mieral said:
or can Gerry only form entanglement with either one of the "spin up and I" and "spin down and I" and not both of them?

No.

PeterDonis said:
Yes.
No.

But there is only one outcome in this world.. for example, only "spin up and I" comes out.. so if Gerry observes me.. he should see me "spin up and I" only.. why should he be able to see and entangle with the "spin down and I" which is in another branch?

mieral said:
But there is only one outcome in this world...

We've already gone round and round about this before. I'd just be repeating the same things I've said to you in previous threads. There's no point to doing that.

Thread closed.

1. What is an example of multiple entanglements in quantum physics?

An example of multiple entanglements in quantum physics is the phenomenon of quantum teleportation, where two or more particles become entangled and their quantum states are linked. This means that changing the state of one particle will instantly affect the state of the other, no matter the distance between them.

2. How can multiple entanglements be useful in quantum computing?

Multiple entanglements can be useful in quantum computing for performing complex computations and solving problems that would take a classical computer a significantly longer time. Entangled particles can be used to store and process information simultaneously, leading to faster and more efficient computing.

3. Are there any real-world applications of multiple entanglements?

Yes, there are several real-world applications of multiple entanglements, including quantum key distribution for secure communication, quantum cryptography for encryption, and quantum sensors for precise measurements. Multiple entanglements also hold potential for advancing technologies such as quantum computing and quantum communication.

4. How are multiple entanglements created in a laboratory setting?

Multiple entanglements can be created in a laboratory setting using various methods such as spontaneous parametric down-conversion, where a laser beam is split into two entangled photons, or using quantum dots, where electrons are entangled by controlling their spin states.

5. Can multiple entanglements exist between more than two particles?

Yes, multiple entanglements can exist between more than two particles. The number of entangled particles can range from a few to hundreds, depending on the experimental set-up and the desired outcome. This is known as multipartite entanglement and is an active area of research in quantum physics.