Exploring Holographic Theory: Quantum Physics and the Nature of Reality

In summary, the conversation discusses the theory of the holographic universe and its implications for the existence of an objective reality. The speaker references a video by Stephen Davis, who claims that each person has their own unique holographic universe created by their "Infinite I" or consciousness. This theory is supported by quantum physics, neuroscience, and holographic theory. Davis also believes that there are "fake holograms" without consciousness that exist to make the experience seem more real. The conversation also touches on the idea of solipsism and the potential impact of this theory on individuals with mental health issues. The speaker asks for clarification on whether the holographic theory suggests that our brains are receiving holograms and if quantum mechanics supports the idea of no objective reality
KendallAngel
[broken link deleted by moderator]
Does this proves the theory of the holographic universe?

I saw video on youtube, a guy called "Stephen Davis" who says that is "fanatic about quantum physics", he created a model of the "holographic universe" which he says that everyone is a player, and every player has their own unique holographic universe (created by his own infinite I/consciousness), and this "Infinite I" projects the holograms into the people's brain, and all the universe is on the people's head (poly-solipcism)...and that there is no objective reality (he uses the delayed quantum erasure experiment as proof that objective reality does not exist..), and he says quantum physics, neuroscience and holographic theory supports his model..
therefore, your Infinite I is creating everything you experience in your "holographic movie" as the Player..(as if we were are the sims)
This "Infinite I" creates holograms individually to each person in the world, and it even creates "extra people" which he call "fake holograms" with no consciousness, these "extra people" are not real, and they appear only to fill some place, to seems more real, to your experience seem more real, that is, if you are on a show, the probability of 50% of people being "fake holograms", in his view, may be true. because he says the holographic theory says that. (to me It is pure solipcism)
I'm already a little schizophrenic, and this video worsened my situation...

I'm here just to ask some questions..
is it true that the holographic theory says It is our brains that is receiving holograms?
Is it true that quantum mechanics says that there is no "objective reality"? (quantum eraser,etc)

look his references: [link to crackpot site deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thread locked, pending moderation.

1. What is holographic theory?

Holographic theory is a concept in quantum physics that suggests the universe may be a hologram, meaning that information about the 3D world is encoded on a 2D surface. This theory implies that the universe is essentially a projection of information from a higher-dimensional reality.

2. How does holographic theory relate to quantum physics?

Holographic theory is a result of applying the principles of quantum physics to cosmology. It is based on the idea that information is the fundamental building block of the universe, and that space and time are not continuous but rather discrete and pixelated.

3. What evidence exists for holographic theory?

There is currently no direct evidence for holographic theory, but it is supported by various mathematical models and observations such as the holographic principle, black hole thermodynamics, and the cosmic microwave background radiation. However, more research and experimentation is needed to fully prove this theory.

4. What are the implications of holographic theory?

If holographic theory is proven to be true, it would completely change our understanding of the nature of reality. It would mean that the universe is much more complex and interconnected than we previously thought, and it would have significant implications for fields such as quantum mechanics, cosmology, and even philosophy.

5. How are scientists exploring holographic theory?

Scientists are exploring holographic theory through various experiments and theoretical models. They are also studying black holes, which are believed to be a key component in understanding the holographic nature of the universe. Additionally, advancements in technology, such as the development of quantum computers, may provide new insights into this theory.