Exploring the Intersection of Age and Education: A Personal Journey in Science

• Thread starter Pdadme
  • Start date
In summary, the intersection of age and education is a complex topic that can greatly impact an individual's personal journey in the field of science. As one ages, their experiences and level of education can shape their perspectives and approach towards science. This can result in either positive or negative effects, such as increased knowledge and wisdom or potential biases and closed-mindedness. It is important for individuals to continuously challenge themselves and seek new learning opportunities, regardless of their age, in order to foster personal growth and advancement in the ever-evolving field of science.
Pdadme
Hi,
I just signed up the other day.
I'm in the final year of my BSc Environmental Science with the Open University. There is far more Physics and Chemistry involved than I expected when I started the degree, but that suits me fine. Always loved science. My eldest has a Masters in Physics with Astrophyics, and my daughter got her BSc Zoology last year, and is now doing her Masters. Thought it was time I caught up :)
By the time I graduate next year, I'll be 62. Wish I'd started my degree 10 years ago, but couldn't afford it.
Regards
Phil How

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Pdadme. :welcome:

Congratulations on your impending graduation. :smile: