Exploring the Time Dilation Effects of Acceleration & Gravity

In summary, time dilation is the concept of time slowing down or speeding up depending on various factors. Acceleration time dilation occurs as an object travels faster, while gravitational time dilation happens when an object is closer to a massive object like a black hole. The way we perceive time can also be affected by our physiological state, with danger making us more alert and the release of endorphins making us think less and potentially "lose" time. However, this does not mean that the event did not happen. Time dilation is a complex concept that can be understood through studying physics and its equations.
QAT
Time Dilation- slowing or speeding up time. Acceleration Time Dilation as an object travels faster time will slow down. If an object were traveling 10,000 mph for a few days the time dialtion would be in nanoseconds, but if an object were traveling the speed of light time would "stop". The time would stop for the object until something not going that speed brung it out of the speed of light.
Gravitational Time Dilation - the closer an object is to a huge mass the slower time would pass. If the mass of Jupiter were in a 5 Meter sphere, every one second inside the sphere would be four seconds outside the sphere. If you look at the grean scheme of things that mass of Jupiter is not that great, it has enough mass/gravity to keep its moons around it, but if you "look" at a black hole it has that mass/gravity to keep hundreds of millions of stars around it. If a person could get close enough to it (without getting to sucked into it) the time dilation could be enormous.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to physics forums QAT,
this forum is usually used for people to ask and/or questions, i like what you have written but i don't really think its in the right place.

Oh, ok i see now thanks.

but there's a paradox to this ma friend...
Time doesn't slow down ... its realisation does ... u experience a movie in a joyous mood and u have a realisation of kind of kind A... N u watch the same movie in a tensed environment... ur Kind B steps in... Same movie different realisation...
N u know the word Realisation is derived from The word Real... But still there's nothing real... Realisation is in ur mind... Real is no where...
If Ur Mind is free... Time wud be easy flowing...

At Darpan Dahiya
The way society today perceives danger, has become more and more physiological. So when a person is in a ‘tense environment”, they feel like they are in danger. When a person feels in danger, they become more alert. Which can make you feel as if time is slowing? When a person is having “fun” endorphins are released which make a person think less, when a person thinks less they don’t “log” a lot of memory. And if a person doesn’t have a memory of that event, it didn’t happen. But in reality it did, you just don’t remember it. My advice to you is to be careful, people who mix human physiology and physics walk a fine line between genius and insanity.

Darpan Dahiya said:
but there's a paradox to this ma friend...
Time doesn't slow down ... its realisation does ... u experience a movie in a joyous mood and u have a realisation of kind of kind A... N u watch the same movie in a tensed environment... ur Kind B steps in... Same movie different realisation...
N u know the word Realisation is derived from The word Real... But still there's nothing real... Realisation is in ur mind... Real is no where...
If Ur Mind is free... Time wud be easy flowing...

So what you are saying is that you have no idea what "time dilation" means or what is being discussed here!

HallsofIvy said:
So what you are saying is that you have no idea what "time dilation" means or what is being discussed here!

Well, give him or her credit for being honest in their profound ignorance.

Darpan: QAT is being nice, buy a book on relativity for the love god, before you mix aphorisms with science.

nismaratwork said:
Well, give him or her credit for being honest in their profound ignorance.

Darpan: QAT is being nice, buy a book on relativity for the love god, before you mix aphorisms with science.

Giving me wud be masculine...

Well that's quite an advice my friend... And a compliment on my note...
Anyways the book yet doesn't solve the problem.
If Lorentz equations would have sufficed the matter and what we are talking about, i.e.
8e8943fcbf5e131710d8d04571f428e5.png

was my rocket car's meter's equation, I would have gladly laid on my bed watching a treaty getting signed between two galaxies...

Now I would like to throw a question...

A very famous experiment, Clock A remains stationary and the clock B moves towards a black hole. As the latter enters the Gravitational Field of the BH, its time slows down when compared to the former.
Did someone say, light gets affected by a BH?

Last edited:
QAT said:
At Darpan Dahiya
The way society today perceives danger, has become more and more physiological. So when a person is in a ‘tense environment”, they feel like they are in danger. When a person feels in danger, they become more alert. Which can make you feel as if time is slowing? When a person is having “fun” endorphins are released which make a person think less, when a person thinks less they don’t “log” a lot of memory. And if a person doesn’t have a memory of that event, it didn’t happen. But in reality it did, you just don’t remember it. My advice to you is to be careful, people who mix human physiology and physics walk a fine line between genius and insanity.

later I would surely come back to you...
time will surely flow back to ultimately physicize even your economics...

Last edited:

Related to Exploring the Time Dilation Effects of Acceleration & Gravity

1. How does acceleration affect time dilation?

Acceleration can cause time dilation by altering the perception of time for an object in motion. As the object's velocity increases, time will appear to slow down for that object in comparison to a stationary observer.

2. What is the relationship between gravity and time dilation?

The stronger the gravitational field, the slower time will pass for an object within that field. This is due to the curvature of spacetime caused by massive objects, which can alter the flow of time.

3. Can time dilation be observed in everyday life?

Yes, time dilation effects can be observed in everyday life, especially in situations where objects are moving at high speeds or in strong gravitational fields. However, the effects are usually very small and would require precise measurements to detect.

4. How does Einstein's theory of relativity explain time dilation?

Einstein's theory of relativity states that time and space are relative to the observer's frame of reference. This means that the perception of time can vary depending on the observer's relative motion or position in a gravitational field. Time dilation is a direct result of this theory.

5. Is time dilation the same as time travel?

No, time dilation does not involve physically traveling through time. It is simply a difference in the perception of time between different frames of reference. While it may seem like time is moving faster or slower for different observers, they are all still moving forward in time at the same rate.