Faraday's and Lenz's Law - square coil

In summary, a square coil with a side length of 2cm is rotating around an axis passing through its center. It is inside a uniform and constant magnetic field of 0.6T. The coil is powered by a generator with an emf of 0.2 + 0.24sin(ωt), and the current during its motion is constant. To determine the values of i and ω, the induced emf can be calculated using the formula εi = Ba^2ωsin(ωt). However, it is unclear how to proceed with the problem and why the current remains constant despite changes in the initial and induced emfs. To maintain a constant current, the total emf from the generator and the
cseil

Homework Statement

A square coil rotates around an axis passing through the center. It is inside a magnetic field of B= 0.6T uniform and constant. The side of the coil is a = 2cm, the resistance R is 0.1 ohm.

The coil is powered by a generator that gives an emf = 0.2 + 0.24sin(ωt).
The current during the motion of the coil is constant. Calculate i and ω.

The Attempt at a Solution

The induced emf is [itex]\epsilon_i = Ba^2\omega sin(\omega t) [/itex].

I can't understand how to go on with the problem. I cannot understand why the current stays constant if both the intial emf and the induced emf changes as sin(ωt).

Could you help me please?
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
the total emf is part from the generator (given) and part from being induced.
For the current to be constant, these need to add to a constant emf (ie, be 180 deg out-of-phase) 0.2V.
So, given its (ohmic) Resistance, what is I ?

What is Faraday's Law?

Faraday's Law states that a changing magnetic field will induce an electric current in a conductor.

What is Lenz's Law?

Lenz's Law states that the direction of the induced current will be such that it opposes the change that caused it.

How do Faraday's and Lenz's Laws relate to a square coil?

A square coil is a type of conductor that can be used to demonstrate Faraday's and Lenz's Law. As the coil is moved through a magnetic field, the changing magnetic flux induces a current in the coil according to Faraday's Law, and the current produces its own magnetic field that opposes the change in the original magnetic field according to Lenz's Law.

What factors affect the strength of the induced current in a square coil?

The strength of the induced current in a square coil depends on several factors, including the strength of the magnetic field, the speed at which the coil moves through the field, the number of turns in the coil, and the resistance of the coil.

How is Faraday's and Lenz's Law used in real-world applications?

Faraday's and Lenz's Laws are fundamental principles in electromagnetism and have many practical applications. They are used in generators to produce electricity, in transformers to transfer electricity between different voltage levels, and in induction cooktops to heat food. They are also used in many technologies, such as motors, speakers, and magnetic levitation systems.