Faster than light

• Thread starter aaryan0077
  • Start date
DrGreg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Here AB is 'timelike' , so that there is a frame of reference in which A & B occur in same location, but just separated in time, and if in that frame A precedes B, than A precedes B in all frame(s).

But this is not true for spacelike separated events as are A & C, there is a frame in which A and B occur simultaneously separated only in space, but there are also frames in which A precedes B (as the given) and frames in which B precedes A,...
Did you make a typing error here? In the second paragraph, did you really mean C, not B? If so, that is correct
...so that causality may not be maintained.
but that isn't. "Causality" refers only to the ordering of timelike-separated events (like A and B) or null-separated events.

Special relativity explains that an information cannot travel at speed greater than c
Okay, if its info that cant travel faster than light, this means that any other thing. which is not info, or does not contain any info could indeed go ftl.
then, consider the time of creation, at instant of BB (big bang) we had nothing, no particles antiparticles, any any other stuff, just energy, but I still don't understand that if there was nothing than how come, means in which form energy existed?
Has it got something to do with GUT or what?
Anyways, its not the case here,
So all quarks, anti-quarks and all that stuff was created much later, when supersymmetry was broken. But considering just that time in which there was nothing, the expansion should have been much faster than speed of light, and not like the bubble nucleation.
But since there was nothing to expend, then what expended?
Was that a "perfect spacetime" that expended devoid of any "physical entities", or something else, or it was nothing?
I think I am really confused. :confused: