Favorite Slow Rock Songs: Discover Yours Today

• Thread starter chaoseverlasting
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rock
In summary: Its a great song.In summary, the favorite slow rock song is "Kangaroo," by Big Star. Another favorite is "Dream Weaver," by Dream Weaver.
chaoseverlasting
Whats your favorite slow rock song? Something along the lines of clapton, or coldplay? Personally I like, wonderful tonight a lot. Its a beautiful song.

Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't have to think about this one for more than 2 seconds:

"Kangaroo," by Big Star

After that, any slow Velvet Underground song; "Stephanie Says" comes to mind first.

Last edited:
I don't know what you consider 'slow'. It's also really hard to categorize some types of music into rock, pop, etc.. Two of my favourites are 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' by Bonnie Tyler and 'Stumbling In' by Suzie Q and Chris Norman.

Pink Floyd - Don't Leave Me Now

or

Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You

as far as slow music goes, for me it's Radiohead.

Nude - Radiohead

You And Whose Army - Radiohead: mmmm

How To Disappear Completely - Radiohead: (this isn't the official video. it seems to have been made by some guy on youtube, but it works well enough with the song so)

Go Slowly - Radiohead: I'm not too sure what the lyrics are on this one, but the melody's just beautiful, especially that key change half-way through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the classic is "Whiter Shade of Pale", by Procol Harum
- Live performance in later years.

Three of my favorites that come to mind are Led Zeppelin's "Tea for One", Robin Trower's "About to Begin", and Spirit's "Taurus". Of these "About to Begin" with the soulful vocals of the late and great base player James Dewar is my top favorite.

LZ -Tea for One -
Trower - About to Begin -

I don't know if Traffic's "Low Spark of High-Heeled Boys" or Blind Faith's "Can't Find My Way Home", would qualify as slow, but those are also two favorites.

Another favorite and classic is Moody Blues "Nights in White Satin".

Stairway to Heaven. Call me a traditionalist.

DaveC426913 said:
Stairway to Heaven. Call me a traditionalist.

I'm actually listening to that right now.

'Since I've Been Loving You' is actually a "slower" song, but definitely, this is one of my favorite songs of all time, slow song or just a song in general.

"The piper is calling you to join him."

The man the myth the legend--Fats Domino

"I'm Walkin"

Astronuc said:
Well, the classic is "Whiter Shade of Pale", by Procol Harum
- Live performance in later years.
Speaking of which...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/04/uk.procol.ap/index.html

Back sometime in the 70s, I think, my dad had recorded a dozen or so songs off the radio onto an cassette tape, which he named "Slow Rock Hits". It had Whiter Shade and Nights in White Satin. I can't recall all of the tracks on it; the ones I remember are House of the Rising Sun (Animals), Horse with No Name (America) and Temple of the King (Blackmore's Rainbow). All good stuff.

moe darklight said:
as far as slow music goes, for me it's Radiohead.

Nude - Radiohead

You And Whose Army - Radiohead: mmmm

How To Disappear Completely - Radiohead: (this isn't the official video. it seems to have been made by some guy on youtube, but it works well enough with the song so)

Go Slowly - Radiohead: I'm not too sure what the lyrics are on this one, but the melody's just beautiful, especially that key change half-way through.

There's a creep cover done by 'the cure'. Its brilliant. Check it out.

This is great! You guys introduce me to music I never would have come across otherwise! Thank you PF!

With the right person, on a dance floor, 'Unchained Melody' is pretty hard to beat.
I'm also very fond of 'Dream Weaver'.

1. What is considered a slow rock song?

A slow rock song is a type of rock music characterized by a slower tempo, softer instrumentation, and emotional or romantic lyrical themes.

2. How do I determine my favorite slow rock song?

The best way to determine your favorite slow rock song is to listen to a variety of slow rock songs from different artists and eras. Pay attention to the lyrics, melody, and overall feeling of the song to see which one resonates with you the most.

3. What are some popular slow rock songs?

Some popular slow rock songs include "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin, "November Rain" by Guns N' Roses, "Hotel California" by Eagles, "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith, and "Dream On" by Aerosmith.

4. Are there any benefits to listening to slow rock songs?

Yes, listening to slow rock songs can have several benefits. It can help reduce stress and anxiety, improve mood, and provide a sense of comfort and nostalgia. It can also help with relaxation and promote mindfulness.

5. Can I find new slow rock songs to add to my favorites?

Absolutely! There are many resources available, such as online music streaming platforms, radio stations, and music blogs, where you can discover new slow rock songs. You can also ask friends or family for recommendations or attend concerts and music festivals to discover new artists and songs.