Favorite Smells: Markers and Roasting Garlic?

• Thread starter pattylou
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about different smells that people enjoy, such as new car smell, the smell of gasoline, old books, and even horse manure. Some people have specific preferences, such as enjoying the smell of markers or roasting garlic. However, others have unusual preferences, like the smell of their own or their mother's flatulence. The conversation also mentions a product that allows people to carry around a scent they enjoy.

Which of these smalls do you find appealing?

• Roasting garlic

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • New car smell

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Elmers Glue-all

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Windex

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Permanent Markers

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • A fresh can of latex paint

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Skunk musk

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Your significant other's body odor

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Horse manure

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Your own flatulence

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
pattylou
Check all that apply.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A new car smell...swoons... you know they plant the scent in the air filters, replace the filters and walaaa new car all over again!

Ummm Patty.. Have you been nipping at the wine? Some of those answers are kinda odd.

Eh wot?

(checks list)

Oh. I see what you mean. Right.

For #10, "your own flatulence," strike that and insert "your mother's flatulence."

Last edited:
I wonder how many PF gluesniffers there are...

hmmm none...

I must say that i LOVE the smell of my car after a Shell car wash though

What smell is that? Do they do a turtlewax or something?

I think its the soap... kinda smells like strawberries i think

Personally, I like the smell of gasoline :smile:

Ewww i can't handle the smell of gas.

I love the smell of old books, those that have been sitting in the attic for years on end.

Mmmmm. Gasoline and old books.

And good old fashioned book-burnings.

Yeah. :tongue2:

I love the smell of Zoobies in the morning. Smells like...napalm.

From the time I was a wee lad I'd take a deep sniff whenever I passed a "dead skunk in the middle of the road" (there's actually a song titled that) and then I found out that I wasn't the only one. I think that there is a place online where you can buy a vial of scent to tote around with you when you need a fix. And I must add that my new word of the day is "fromage". As in famunda fromage sandwiches.

you should've left it so we could see people's answers. things'd've been more interesting that way...

Gale17 said:
you should've left it so we could see people's answers. things'd've been more interesting that way...

Perhaps...but I am sure the answers would be different too... :wink:

bomba923 said:
Personally, I like the smell of gasoline :smile:
Mee too!
Knavish said:
I love the smell of old books, those that have been sitting in the attic for years on end.
I like the smell of new books, those that have never been opened before!

Horse muck and garlic, the horse muck is a natural country smell, some in the
list i do not know, and can not remember how a new car smells.

New car smell is okay for a quick whiff, but then gives me a headache. Always liked the smell of markers and roasting garlic (yummy!).

What is the purpose of "'Fess up. Smells you like."?

The purpose of "'Fess up. Smells you like." is to encourage people to share their favorite scents and create a sense of community through shared experiences.

Why is it important to share smells we like?

Sharing smells we like can help us connect with others and learn about different scents and their effects on our mood and well-being. It can also help us discover new scents that we may enjoy.

How do smells affect our emotions?

Smells can have a powerful impact on our emotions as they are directly linked to our brain's limbic system, which is responsible for processing emotions and memories. Certain scents can trigger positive emotions, such as happiness and relaxation, while others may trigger negative emotions, such as anxiety and fear.

Can smells have physical effects on our bodies?

Yes, certain smells can have physical effects on our bodies. For example, the scent of lavender has been shown to reduce stress and promote relaxation, while the scent of peppermint can improve focus and alertness.

How can sharing smells we like benefit our overall well-being?

Sharing smells we like can benefit our overall well-being by allowing us to connect with others, discover new scents, and potentially improve our mood and physical health. It can also create a positive and uplifting atmosphere, helping us to feel more content and happy.