FINAL VOTE Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection

In summary: I'm not really sure if it represents what I was thinking about when I took the photo, so I'm voting for you.In summary, Chi Meson's photo is the best representation of the theme and should be the winner.

FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection

• Chi Meson

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • larkspur

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • fi

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • shramana

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This promises to be a very difficult final vote since all the pictures that made it this far are outstanding.

Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme, which is a reflection of an image.

1. Chi Meson
Tetons.jpg

2. larkspur
2203883216_e8fba93e95_o.jpg

3. fi
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1005/p7120080ap2.jpg

4. shramana
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/517/ajmanandcorniche012dq7.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=209743"

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Fi's and Shramana's look so similar, in a way, don't they? They could be part of the same exhibition.

I love mountains, and I also love cityscapes... How to decide between Chi and shramana?

EDIT: On second thought...(or is it third thought?)... I think I'm going to go with larkspur. While I do love the pictures from Chi and Shramana, I think larkspur's has the best and most aesthetic reflection.

Last edited:
Chi Meson said:
Fi's and Shramana's look so similar, in a way, don't they? They could be part of the same exhibition.

It might have been a little more interesting for these photos to be presented rotated by 180 degrees.

when I think about a moment of reflection (contemplation, as the idea of reflection), the place where fi's photo was taken is where I would want to be sitting

Chi Meson said:

I'm flattered, though I don't think Fi would be :wink:

Chi Meson, I've been meaning to ask, do you live in the Southwest, more specifically New Mexico. And as of the photo, is that Blanca peak?

binzing said:
Chi Meson, I've been meaning to ask, do you live in the Southwest, more specifically New Mexico. And as of the photo, is that Blanca peak?

Currently, I live in the Northeast (that's New Hampshire in my Avitar: Mt. Cardigan). It's the Tetons in the photo, taken in 1990; I was atop the summit the day before. Through the 80s and 90s I traveled a lot, climbing everything except society.

OK, thanks. I didn't think that it was Blanca peak (one of Colorado's 14ers) but it did look similar in that it just pops up outta the surrounding plain.

rewebster said:
when I think about a moment of reflection (contemplation, as the idea of reflection), the place where fi's photo was taken is where I would want to be sitting
Thanks very much, it was a lovely place to be

shramana said:
I'm flattered, though I don't think Fi would be :wink:
Of course I am flattered! I actually prefer your reflection, broken up a little.

robphy said:
It might have been a little more interesting for these photos to be presented rotated by 180 degrees.

That's "upside down" for the biologists among us! :biggrin:

Chi Meson said:
Currently, I live in the Northeast (that's New Hampshire in my Avitar: Mt. Cardigan). It's the Tetons in the photo, taken in 1990; I was atop the summit the day before. Through the 80s and 90s I traveled a lot, climbing everything except society.

It sure shows how close the flatlands are in front with the peaks near and behind

Last edited:
Wait a second!

Whoa! Chi Meson's is the best! I didn't notice what it was until like 30 minutes after I voted!

I seem to keep missing these recently. My vote went to larkspur. Very nice :smile:

Chi Meson said:
That's "upside down" for the biologists among us! :biggrin:

:grumpy: I know what it means, thanks! There goes your vote, buster!

Well, um...:uhh: actually, I am voting for you, just because you didn't do a "cliche" reflection like the others did. All were very pretty and well-executed though.

To be honest, mine is a bit "done" also.

1. What is the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection" about?

The "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection" is a photography competition that invites participants to share their best photos capturing a moment of reflection. It aims to raise awareness about mental health and promote the importance of self-reflection.

2. Who can participate in the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection"?

The contest is open to anyone who has a passion for photography and an interest in mental health. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to submit their entries.

3. How do I submit my photo for the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection"?

To participate in the contest, you can submit your photo through the official website or social media platforms using the designated hashtag. Be sure to follow the submission guidelines and provide the necessary information, such as your name and a brief description of the photo.

4. How will the winner be selected for the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection"?

The winner will be selected through a voting process. A panel of judges will narrow down the top entries, and then the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite photo. The photo with the highest number of votes will be declared the winner.

5. What is the prize for the winner of the "FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection"?

The winner will receive a cash prize and their photo will be featured in a mental health awareness campaign. They will also have the opportunity to showcase their work in a photography exhibition and receive recognition for their contribution to the cause.