1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection

1. Chi Meson

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. larkspur

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. fi

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. shramana

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Jan 31, 2008 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

This promises to be a very difficult final vote since all the pictures that made it this far are outstanding.

Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme, which is a reflection of an image.

1. Chi Meson
    [​IMG]

2. larkspur
    [​IMG]

3. fi
    [​IMG]

4. shramana
    [​IMG]

Contest thread

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2008 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Fi's and Shramana's look so similar, in a way, don't they? They could be part of the same exhibition.

4. Feb 2, 2008 #3

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I love mountains, and I also love cityscapes.... How to decide between Chi and shramana???

EDIT: On second thought...(or is it third thought?).... I think I'm going to go with larkspur. While I do love the pictures from Chi and Shramana, I think larkspur's has the best and most aesthetic reflection.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  5. Feb 2, 2008 #4

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It might have been a little more interesting for these photos to be presented rotated by 180 degrees.

6. Feb 2, 2008 #5
    when I think about a moment of reflection (contemplation, as the idea of reflection), the place where fi's photo was taken is where I would want to be sitting

7. Feb 2, 2008 #6
    I'm flattered, though I don't think Fi would be :wink:

8. Feb 2, 2008 #7
    Chi Meson, I've been meaning to ask, do you live in the Southwest, more specifically New Mexico. And as of the photo, is that Blanca peak?

9. Feb 3, 2008 #8

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Currently, I live in the Northeast (that's New Hampshire in my Avitar: Mt. Cardigan). It's the Tetons in the photo, taken in 1990; I was atop the summit the day before. Through the 80s and 90s I traveled a lot, climbing everything except society.

10. Feb 3, 2008 #9
    OK, thanks. I didn't think that it was Blanca peak (one of Colorado's 14ers) but it did look similar in that it just pops up outta the surrounding plain.

11. Feb 3, 2008 #10

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Thanks very much, it was a lovely place to be

Of course I am flattered! I actually prefer your reflection, broken up a little.

12. Feb 3, 2008 #11

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's "upside down" for the biologists among us! :biggrin:

13. Feb 3, 2008 #12

It sure shows how close the flatlands are in front with the peaks near and behind

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  14. Feb 3, 2008 #13

Mk

Wait a second!

Whoa! Chi Meson's is the best! I didn't notice what it was until like 30 minutes after I voted!

15. Feb 3, 2008 #14

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I seem to keep missing these recently. My vote went to larkspur. Very nice :smile:

16. Feb 3, 2008 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:grumpy: I know what it means, thanks! There goes your vote, buster!

Well, um...:uhh: actually, I am voting for you, just because you didn't do a "cliche" reflection like the others did. All were very pretty and well-executed though.

17. Feb 4, 2008 #16

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

To be honest, mine is a bit "done" also.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?