Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FINAL VOTE PF Photo Contest - A Moment Of Reflection

1. Chi Meson

14 vote(s)
    38.9%
  2. larkspur

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. fi

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. shramana

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Jan 31, 2008 #1

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

This promises to be a very difficult final vote since all the pictures that made it this far are outstanding.

Please vote for the picture that best represents our theme, which is a reflection of an image.

1. Chi Meson
    [​IMG]

2. larkspur
    [​IMG]

3. fi
    [​IMG]

4. shramana
    [​IMG]

Contest thread

Zz.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 2, 2008 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Fi's and Shramana's look so similar, in a way, don't they? They could be part of the same exhibition.

4. Feb 2, 2008 #3

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I love mountains, and I also love cityscapes.... How to decide between Chi and shramana???

EDIT: On second thought...(or is it third thought?).... I think I'm going to go with larkspur. While I do love the pictures from Chi and Shramana, I think larkspur's has the best and most aesthetic reflection.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  5. Feb 2, 2008 #4

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It might have been a little more interesting for these photos to be presented rotated by 180 degrees.

6. Feb 2, 2008 #5
    when I think about a moment of reflection (contemplation, as the idea of reflection), the place where fi's photo was taken is where I would want to be sitting

7. Feb 2, 2008 #6
    I'm flattered, though I don't think Fi would be :wink:

8. Feb 2, 2008 #7
    Chi Meson, I've been meaning to ask, do you live in the Southwest, more specifically New Mexico. And as of the photo, is that Blanca peak?

9. Feb 3, 2008 #8

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Currently, I live in the Northeast (that's New Hampshire in my Avitar: Mt. Cardigan). It's the Tetons in the photo, taken in 1990; I was atop the summit the day before. Through the 80s and 90s I traveled a lot, climbing everything except society.

10. Feb 3, 2008 #9
    OK, thanks. I didn't think that it was Blanca peak (one of Colorado's 14ers) but it did look similar in that it just pops up outta the surrounding plain.

11. Feb 3, 2008 #10

fuzzyfelt

Gold Member

Thanks very much, it was a lovely place to be

Of course I am flattered! I actually prefer your reflection, broken up a little.

12. Feb 3, 2008 #11

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's "upside down" for the biologists among us! :biggrin:

13. Feb 3, 2008 #12

It sure shows how close the flatlands are in front with the peaks near and behind

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  14. Feb 3, 2008 #13

Mk

Wait a second!

Whoa! Chi Meson's is the best! I didn't notice what it was until like 30 minutes after I voted!

15. Feb 3, 2008 #14

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I seem to keep missing these recently. My vote went to larkspur. Very nice :smile:

16. Feb 3, 2008 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:grumpy: I know what it means, thanks! There goes your vote, buster!

Well, um...:uhh: actually, I am voting for you, just because you didn't do a "cliche" reflection like the others did. All were very pretty and well-executed though.

17. Feb 4, 2008 #16

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

To be honest, mine is a bit "done" also.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?