Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Find transfer function in relation to the disturbance

1. Aug 30, 2016 #1
    Suppose you are given a first order system whose transfer function is HP(s) = KP/(TP*s + 1).

Now, you want to control this system using a standard P (proportional) controller whose transfer function is HR(s) = KR (a proportionality coefficient).

There is also disturbance that acts upon this system and the system in analyzed in closed-loop (feed-back loop).

If you calculate the closed-loop transfer function, H0(s) = (KR*KP)/(TP*s + 1 + KR*KP ).

I am also given the transfer function in relation to the disturbance, which is H0v(s) = (KP)/(TP*s + 1 + KR*KP ), but I don't understand how this is calculated.

This is the system: DSC_0179_2.jpg

The question is: how do I calculate the transfer function in relation to the disturbance?

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 30, 2016 #2

Grinkle

Gold Member

Take your finger and trace the path of the disturbance through your block diagram and think about the path it takes getting to y (the output).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted