Finding series and shunt resistance of solar cell

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Swati Jain
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am trying to find out series and shunt resistance of solar cell from I-V curve which starts from Isc and going to Voc.

I read some papers and for single illumination mostly said Rs= -(dv/dI)V=Voc
and Rsh= -(dv/dI)I=Isc.
so I am finidng Rs from slope between points from Vmax to Voc, and Rsh from Isc to Vmax.
Am I doing something wrong? My series resistance is coming very high around 11k ohm.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Swati Jain said:
I am finidng Rs from slope between points from Vmax to Voc
Aren't Vmax and Voc going to be the same point??

Seems to me if you need the slope around Voc then you draw a tangent there.