Finding the voltage using J and F? help T_T

• Thread starter SAT2400
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Voltage
In summary, To find the voltage using J and F, you can use the equation V = J/F, where V represents voltage, J represents current, and F represents resistance. In the context of finding voltage, J represents current, which is the flow of electric charge, and F represents resistance, which is the measure of opposition to the flow of electric current. J, F, and voltage are all related through Ohm's law, which states that voltage is equal to current multiplied by resistance. In other words, voltage is directly proportional to current and inversely proportional to resistance. Yes, J is typically measured in units of amperes (A) and F is measured in units of ohms (Ω). The equation V =
SAT2400

Homework Statement

If 2.00 J are to be stored in a 10.0uF capacitor, what voltage must be applied to it??

Homework Equations

PE= .5 CV^2

The Attempt at a Solution

The answer is 632V...but I don't know how to get this answer...T_T

please help ASAP !

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to simply solve for V in your relevant equation, giving you

V=sqrt(PE*2/C)

Make sure not to confuse your PE with current density J. Reading your heading I made the assumption you had a question about current density.

Hello,

It seems like you are trying to find the voltage using the given values for energy and capacitance. The equation you have provided, PE= .5 CV^2, is the correct equation to use. In order to find the voltage, we can rearrange the equation to V= √(2PE/C).

In this case, we know that PE= 2.00 J and C= 10.0uF = 10.0 x 10^-6 F. Plugging these values into the equation, we get V= √(2 x 2.00 J / 10.0 x 10^-6 F) = √(400000 V^2) = 632 V.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

FAQ: Finding the voltage using J and F? help T_T

1. How do I find the voltage using J and F?

To find the voltage using J and F, you can use the equation V = J/F, where V represents voltage, J represents current, and F represents resistance.

2. What are J and F in the context of finding voltage?

In the context of finding voltage, J represents current, which is the flow of electric charge, and F represents resistance, which is the measure of opposition to the flow of electric current.

3. Can you explain the relationship between J, F, and voltage?

J, F, and voltage are all related through Ohm's law, which states that voltage is equal to current multiplied by resistance. In other words, voltage is directly proportional to current and inversely proportional to resistance.

4. Is there a specific unit for J and F in the equation for finding voltage?

Yes, J is typically measured in units of amperes (A) and F is measured in units of ohms (Ω).

5. Can I use this equation to find voltage in any situation?

The equation V = J/F can be used to find voltage in any situation where you have values for current and resistance. However, it may not be applicable in more complex electrical systems where other factors, such as capacitance and inductance, also play a role in determining voltage.

Back