1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Flex++ in Ubuntu (Linux)

1. Apr 29, 2007 #1
    I just loaded Ubuntu (Linux) onto a spare hard drive. It was relatively painless. I am posting this message from it.

I am having a problem with using Flex++. I wonder if anyone has come up against this before. The .L and the Makefile are quite small and I could post them if it would help. However, the error message is:

/usr/include/FlexLexer.h:113: error: redefinition of ‘class yyFlexLexer’
    /usr/include/FlexLexer.h:113: error: previous definition of ‘class yyFlexLexer’

and I wonder if that is enough to go on for a first stab. It looks to me as if there were two "#include <FlexLexer.h>" directives hanging around and not properly protected with "#ifndef yyFlexLexer" directives in the .h file. If I remove the "#include" directive from my .L file, I get too many error messages.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted