Find Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2

In summary, to find the Fourier transform of 1/(1+4t^2), you can use the properties of the Fourier transform. First, use the symmetry property by taking x=2t. Then, use the scaling property by expressing the expression as \int{\frac{f(t)}{g(t)}dx}, where f(t) = e^{-j\omega t} and g(t) = 1+4t^2. Finally, apply the rule \frac{f'(t)g(t)-g'(t)f(t)}{g(t)^2} to find the Fourier transform. However, make sure not to mix up differentiation and integration.
kolycholy
how can I find Fourier transform of 1/(1+4t^2)?
hmmm =/

Engineering news on Phys.org
try to take x=2t and use the symmetry or duality property and then the scaling property

Use the fact that your expression can be expressed as [tex]\int{\frac{f(t)}{g(t)}dx}[/tex], where [tex]f(t) = e^{-j\omega t}, g(t)=1+4t^{2}[/tex] and proceed as stated by the rule. If i remember it correctly it goes something like [tex]\frac{f'(t)g(t)-g'(t)f(t)}{g(t)^{2}}[/tex]

Last edited:
antoker said:
Use the fact that your expression can be expressed as [tex]\int{\frac{f(t)}{g(t)}dx}[/tex], where [tex]f(t) = e^{-j\omega t}, g(t)=1+4t^{2}[/tex] and proceed as stated by the rule. If i remember it correctly it goes something like [tex]\frac{f'(t)g(t)-g'(t)f(t)}{g(t)^{2}}[/tex]
You've mixed up differentiation and integration...

manchot is right ... so complicated ... i think the properties of the Fourier transformation is better

damn... you're right ;)

i tried taking a look at the Fourier transform properties..
but hmm, still confused

check the scaling and the symmetry property ... sorry i can't tell the answer ... it is the rules ...

1. What is the Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2?

The Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2 is 1/2√πe^(-|ω|/2)cos(ω/2) where ω is the frequency domain variable.

2. How is the Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2 derived?

The Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2 is derived by using the formula for the Fourier Transform of a Gaussian function, which is e^(-πt^2) = 1/√πe^(-|ω|/2).

3. What is the physical significance of the Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2?

The Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2 represents the frequency distribution of the original function in the frequency domain. It is useful in signal processing and analyzing systems that involve oscillatory behavior.

4. How does the Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2 relate to the original function?

The Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2 provides a way to decompose the original function into its frequency components. This allows for a better understanding of the behavior and characteristics of the function.

5. Are there any applications of the Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2?

Yes, the Fourier Transform of 1/1+4t^2 has various applications in fields such as engineering, physics, and mathematics. It is commonly used in signal processing, image processing, and solving differential equations.