Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fundamentals of Engineering

1. Jun 1, 2012 #1
    I am not exactly sure if I am posting this in the right section, but I am taking a class called Fundamental of Engineering 101 this Fall term for school.

Do any of you know what I should study before taking this class?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 1, 2012 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Usually for a class, there will be an online outline for the class. Can you post a link to that for us? Also, do you know what the textbook is for the class? Can you go to the university bookstore and buy it early, or does it not come in until right before the class starts?

Also, you probably don't need to pre-study for this class. It sounds like a pretty basic intro class. Did you usually do well in your technical classes (in high school I would guess?)?

4. Jun 1, 2012 #3
    Was I suppose to introduce myself?

I don't even know what book I am suppose to purchase because I won't be taking the class until Fall term. I am just trying to get ahead if possible...

5. Jun 3, 2012 #4

berkeman

What college and what class. Usually the bookstore will have the books in early...

6. Dec 12, 2012 #5
    It's a local community college located in Portland, Oregon. I am almost done with the class. The book was quite interesting. It was made up of statistics, mechanics, circuits, graphing, matlab, excel, etc. My final is due this coming Thursday.

7. Dec 12, 2012 #6

berkeman

Congrats! :smile:

8. Dec 13, 2012 #7
    Get to know Matlab, it will be your closest friend if you do mech eng.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook