Does 'g95link' Need to be Created First for FORTRAN GUI with DISLIN?

• Thread starter VasanthG
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to create a GUI for FORTRAN using DISLIN. They have installed DISLIN in a specific folder and attempted to compile example programs, but received an error message stating that "g95link" was not found. They are wondering if "g95link" needs to be created first and if it is possible to create link files using the "-lxxx" command. They also mention that g95 is not the same as gfortran and provide a website for more information.
VasanthG
I am trying to create a GUI for FORTRAN using DISLIN. I installed DISLIN in /usr/local/dislin folder and tried to compile some example programs given in the directory.

g95link -a exa_f90.f90
I got the error message

g95link not found.

I wanted to know if "g95link" needs to be created first. Usually "command not found" error can be because the package is not installed or the path is not correct. I have gfortran in my machine. Is there a way to create link files simply by using "-lxxx" command?

Technology news on Phys.org

1. What is the G95link command?

The G95link command is a compiler command used to link together object files created by the G95 Fortran compiler. It is used to create an executable file from the source code.

2. Why am I getting the error "G95link command not found"?

This error typically occurs when the G95 compiler is not properly installed on your system or the path to the G95link command is not set correctly. Make sure to check your installation and path settings.

3. How do I fix the "G95link command not found" error?

To fix this error, you will need to make sure that the G95 compiler is properly installed on your system and the path to the G95link command is set correctly. If necessary, re-install the compiler and double-check your path settings.

4. Can I use a different compiler instead of G95link?

Yes, you can use a different compiler to link your Fortran object files. However, the specific commands and options may differ depending on the compiler you are using. Consult the documentation for your chosen compiler for more information.

5. Where can I find more information about the G95link command?

You can find more information about the G95link command in the official G95 Fortran compiler documentation. You can also search online for tutorials and examples on how to use the command effectively.