Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Gah, this is horrible

1. Oct 18, 2005 #1
    I have this huge crush on a woman in my philosophy class. I was only mildly interested in her before. But today during a club meeting (first meeting of the semester) she was there, and I learned she's oh... 4 years my senior. I think my attraction has only grown since realising that bit of information. She looks really young, like my age, and incredibly cute.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2005 #2
    That *is* horrible.

Oh my God.

4. Oct 18, 2005 #3
    Some older women like younger men. Four years isn't that terribly distant.
    I once dated a woman six years my senior and I often get hit on by older women.

5. Oct 18, 2005 #4
    Pfff, M.O.B.

Smurf, you cannot let the ladies get to you, you must resist!!!!!!

Also, is Evo free to date now? :smile:

6. Oct 18, 2005 #5

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Tell her that Adam from California advises that she not date you.

7. Oct 18, 2005 #6
    aww, smurf, thats cute. talk to her more, get to know her and all that. let her get to know you. its too soon for much probably. but crushes are so cute!

8. Oct 18, 2005 #7
    And Adam from Arizona.

9. Oct 18, 2005 #8
    And Adam Ant too.

10. Oct 18, 2005 #9
    What the hell are you on about? Who're all these adams?

11. Oct 18, 2005 #10
    spending time and getting to know her is unavoidable as it is.

12. Oct 18, 2005 #11
    I know. I'm not really opposed to the idea. I think that's what makes it so attractive, that it's not incredibly common.

and no, moose. no.

13. Oct 19, 2005 #12
    Ummm word of advice, when you have a crush on someone don't sit on it and wait, go start a conversation.

14. Oct 19, 2005 #13
    Oh I don't need that advice. I still regret sitting on my last one :grumpy:

It's just... I think.. meaning, it's possible... which is not to say likely... but she might... be engaged.

15. Oct 19, 2005 #14
    Not married therefore it`s not a problem:uhh:

Key word = might, so she might not be engaged:approve:

16. Oct 19, 2005 #15
    Do you know the guy? No? Well then...

*Looks left. Looks right. Looks under the table.*

I don't see any problem!

=D (ffs im just joking i can see the hatemail coming already)

17. Oct 19, 2005 #16
    I am such a hypocrite though, I always tell people that even though I do it myself.

Its weird, like for me I have no problem approaching someone I think is attractive, but sometimes every once in a while you meet someone who has that "look" or something I don't know I cant even describe it, something is just different about them, and whatever it is it makes them stand out in your mind somehow (a crush?) and those are the ones that seem somehow unapproachable.

18. Oct 19, 2005 #17
    I just never saw myself as being a representative of Pengwuino's favorite phrase "breaking marriages since "... well I can't remember the second half, but it's the first half that counts.

19. Oct 19, 2005 #18
    Exactly!! And it's always those ones that you really want to approach more than the rest.

20. Oct 19, 2005 #19
    So, is the problem (1) that she's older, or (2) that you have a debilitating crush (we've all been there, it can be painful!) or (3) that she might be engaged or (4) all of the above?

Could you somehow arrange to be in some sort of study group or on a class project with her? (No, I don't know how you would do that.) I'm thinking if you spent more time with her before revealing your feelings, the crush might subside enough to be tolerable.

Why exactly do you think she's engaged? Is she wearing a ring? If it's on her right hand, it's not an engagement (at least in the US.) Is it possible to comment on the ring ('Wow, is that a real diamond?' or something...) to open the possibility of learning more about this? Or, do you think she's engaged for some other reason?

Don't sweat the age difference, there's a *chance* she would not like to be older than her boyfriend ... but in the scheme of things four years is nothing. I think we females all eventually get past that concern. Maybe she has.

21. Oct 19, 2005 #20
    I've already gotten into a study group with her. I think she might be engaged because of a conversation peice I heard, I havn't looked at her hand yet.

and it's (4)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?