1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Game of KENO ?

1. Oct 3, 2011 #1
    game of KENO ???

can any one help whit this question ?

[PLAIN]http://up.arab-x.com/Oct11/doY59204.png [Broken]

E(n) = Ʃ p(n) × a(n)
    " represent the probability you get i matches as P(i), the amount you win for i
    matches as A(i) and the expected value for n numbers picked as E(n)."

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2011 #2
    Re: game of KENO ???

E(40)? what's a(20) , a(21), etc. ? also i think the question is not complete , given data is not sufficient (for eg. with what (and how many ) numbers the chosen numbers are matched )

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  4. Oct 23, 2011 #3

dynamicsolo

Homework Helper

Re: game of KENO ???

I'm assuming for the moment that you know how to calculate the probabilities for the numbers of matches. I suspect what the author is calling "E(40)" is the expected value of your winnings for this 40-choice version of the game, not the probability of up to 40 matches (which happens only a little sooner than the heat-death of the Universe... ;) ). Is it the case that the other problem (which I'm guessing is related to basic Keno) asks for "E(20)" ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook