Get Help with Physics: Tips for Studying & Problem-Solving

In summary, the conversation discusses how to study physics, the use of a solutions manual, and the possibility of transferring to math due to difficulty in physics. The conversation also briefly touches on the idea of practical intuition and problem solving in physics.
cs23
Hello everyone,

My questions are

1) How should one study Physics? I do really well in math, but pretty bad in physics. When studying for physics, I can't live without the solutions manual( and i Hate it)

2) What is practical intuition?

3) When solving problems in physics, how should i go about tackling problems??

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hello cs23! Welcome to PF! :wink:
cs23 said:
1) How should one study Physics? I do really well in math, but pretty bad in physics. When studying for physics, I can't live without the solutions manual( and i Hate it)

Why don't you give up physics, and transfer to maths?

Some mathematicians are fine at pure maths, but less good at applied maths … if they ever tried physics, they'd probably hate it.

Maybe that's you? :smile:

1. What are some effective study techniques for physics?

Some effective study techniques for physics include reviewing class notes and textbooks regularly, practicing problems and equations, creating study guides and flashcards, and seeking help from teachers or tutors when needed.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in physics?

To improve problem-solving skills in physics, it is important to understand the fundamental concepts and principles of the subject. Practice regularly with different types of problems, break them down into smaller parts, and apply problem-solving strategies such as drawing diagrams, using equations, and checking for errors.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when studying physics?

Some common mistakes to avoid when studying physics include ignoring the importance of practice, not seeking help when needed, and not fully understanding the concepts before moving on to more complex topics. It is also important to avoid cramming and to give yourself enough time to review and understand the material.

4. How can I stay motivated while studying physics?

Staying motivated while studying physics can be challenging, but it is important to remember the end goal and the reasons why you are studying the subject. Set specific and achievable goals, take breaks when needed, and find study partners or groups to keep you accountable and motivated.

5. What resources are available for physics students who need help?

There are many resources available for physics students who need help, such as textbooks, online tutorials and videos, study guides, practice problems, and tutoring services. You can also reach out to your teacher or professor for additional help and clarification on difficult topics.